Thread: Been out of it for too long, new project

Forum Member

Default Been out of it for too long, new project

Well, I've been away from building/tuning cars for quite a while but just picked up a little started project to get myself back in it again. I just picked up a fairly clean 89 Merkur. I don't want it to get out of hand like some of my older projects did so I am going to keep this one pretty simple. It has the 2.3 turbo engine in it and someone already installed a ranger roller cam. I plan to do a cam timing gear, larger turbo, header, conversion of the ecu and sensors to newer EECV controls for easier and more controlled tuning, larger injectors, an intercooler, and maybe a small shot of nitrous to help with the turbo spooling up.

What I didn't know is that since the last time I messed with a Merkur, aftermarket parts have fallen off pretty badly. I need to find someone to make me a exhaust header without breaking the bank. I'd like to come close to making 350 at the tires with this and still be somewhat good with fuel just cruising around. It drives really nice now and just needs a bit more power which I know the shortblock can handle.

If you have any suggestions about where or who can make me a header for this, and any other deals on parts, I would appreciate it.

Brad

Try stinger performance
    64 Mercury Comet
    Boosted 408w

Thread Information