Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Railroad crossing schedules?

Went through this site a little bit. Interesting info, is there any where where it shows a schedule? Or am I out in left field thinking that such a thing exists?

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I just called my friend to see if I could get him on a csx train, no go lol.

You should get a few tickets to chicago and back on the amtrack?
    Can your friend drop him a schedule?

You can see the Amtrak come in and depart according to a schedule. Its comes in fast hot on the brakes. There are even benches to sit or sit on your cars roof like i did last time i picked the wife up. It was the night of the blood moon so i didnt look totally wierd staring up.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Not really available to the public. Plymouth is no where near as busy as it used to be. Try Romulous or if you are up for a road trip, Durand is a good spot. Been doing the railroad buff thing for years.. Tons of good spots in Northern Ohio.... Yeah, I am a railnerd. LOL. Monroe can be good as well

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

There was a website that had a live camera atca busy crossing somewhere down south. I can't remember it though, maybe my brother does. I killed lots of time watching it on my lunch
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately kind of limited to Plymouth. My mom watches him for a couple days a week for my brother and she mainly does it because she also lives in Plymouth and it's convenient with the amount of crossings around here. There is a really good spot on Farmer St. with parking literally feet from the tracks to watch them and no one around usually, but days like today they waited almost 2 hours with no train.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I work for NS out of Detroit
    good spot to go is either Wyandotte off of Oak St. Or another popular spot is over the Huron river in Rockwood coming thru the bridge....I wave at people almost daily at Oak st. And there are usualy multiple people on Sundays for some reason.
    If you want to see a ton of train traffic head for toledo around Holland Sylvania Rd on a weekend. Schedules and Railroads dont go hand and hand...ask my wife..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Can your friend drop him a schedule?
    My buddy is out of state... I dont know if thats something he can just look up or not. He is coming home in the next 2 days Ill ask him.

Pick a couple of crossings in Plymouth and hang out at them for a bit. Write down what times the trains come through, and then you will be prepared when you actually take your nephew.

Yeah that's what I will eventually do. Just takes a lot of damn time, haha.

Thread Information