Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever drive or own a Harley Knucklehead (1947 and older)

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Default Anybody ever drive or own a Harley Knucklehead (1947 and older)

They are really cool bikes, and I have always liked them but don't know anything about them.

I have a 1972 FLH right now, but have always wanted a really really old vintage bike.

What are these things like to drive in the stock form?

What kind of challenges does this bike being so old have compared to newer models?

How small are they? I am 6'4" and by the looks of them they seem really small...maybe too small for my size.

well you have points and manual ignition advance unless you upgrade just like anything old it will take more tlc to keep on the road

short trips neat to ride, anything over 10 miles bring a tool kit and a kidney belt

My brother has a 52 panhead rigid rear springer front it will beat the fuck outta you in 2 miles
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Piece of art put it in a game room on display. Ride something new

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    Piece of art put it in a game room on display. Ride something new
    This...^^^^

A mysterious figure named Darko DarkoStoj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    short trips neat to ride, anything over 10 miles bring a tool kit and a kidney belt

My brother has a 52 panhead rigid rear springer front it will beat the fuck outta you in 2 miles
    I always wanted a rigid with springer front but have never rode one so I'm not sure how bad of a ride it was. He want to sell his?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post
    I always wanted a rigid with springer front but have never rode one so I'm not sure how bad of a ride it was. He want to sell his?
    How old are you? Lol Rigids can beat you up for sure. I've always wanted a vintage Indian and those old bikes have completely different set ups. Definitely fussy creatures compared to our modern bikes. Then again, none of those guys cried about it back then. Was what it was. I kinda like that.
    You can't beat the new bikes. If you plan to put in some miles get something brand new. My newest is a '14 Cheiftan and it's amazing the quality content compared to bikes just a few years ago. Easy to ride all day long. And today's bikes are big for bigger riders.

Still, I'd ride the poop out of an old Knucklehead or Scout. Love old bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStoj View Post

its in florida, 52 pan numbers frame and case, Kick start only, small rake to front, Its a old school 70s chiopper, no turn signals, (doesnt need them legally) ill ask him he never rides it
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

That turquoise one is fucking gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie2000 View Post
    That turquoise one is fucking gorgeous.
    X2, but truthfully, every one of them is gorgeous.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information