Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool/Interesting/Oddball finds on CL

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    Wow that is both hideous and cool looking.

Cool

Its just a little overpriced...........by a about a 100K

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...382373832.html

More interesting is the description, especially 3rd paragraph about why he's selling

***To see this car in action on YouTube copy and paste the link below***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydf0...ature=youtu.be

1965 Ford Galaxie Ranch Wagon. The cheaper version of the "Country Squire."
    Runs good, handles fine, and stops meh. 352 with a 4bbl holley. I think it's all factory. All of the lights seem to work except the high beams, it probably needs a new highbeam switch since sometimes I have to nudge it with my foot to make the headlights come on. Wipers work well, but needs blades (who cares, I know). Heater controls all seem to work, just the blower motor does not blow. It appears to be getting power, but the motor doesn't spin. Might just have some leaves in the heater box, or need a little help since it hasn't been used in a very long time. Turn signals work, and I think the brake lights also work.
    Interior is in pretty good shape. Car can be driven home. Speedo doesn't work. I'm not sure if the cable is even pushed in all the way. I haven't looked at it. Trans shifts awesome. Real solid, sure shifts. Nice exhaust note. It sounds like it has a small exhaust leak under the car, and one of the lifters in the engine is clicking. I'm only running 10w-30 in it and it has really good oil pressure. Might do some good to run it hard and maybe change it to 10w-40 or something to see if you can clear up that lifter tick. Again, probably just a result of it sitting for a year.

The Bad:
    The lower quarters, rear rockers, and lower tail gate corners have rust. The rear brakes need to be replaced (Drums, shoes, and maybe wheel cylinders). The CD player won't turn on. I haven't even bothered to look why yet. You should probably put shocks on it too. Not a priority like brakes, but they seem to be fucked also.

So why I am I selling this car? Well here's the skinny. My ex-girfriend bought this car last spring (2016) and the idea was that she could have a fun old commuter car like the ones I got. We looked at this old thing and the frame was rusted out so we walked away from the deal. They called her back months later and said they would accept a reduced offer. The owner was a kid in college and the car had been driven regularly since '65!! That's when I opened my big mouth and said I would pull the body and fix the frame if she really wanted it. 6 months later we broke up. In the process I found out she was now a lesbian and while we were together she had a secret relationship. Eh, not that surprising. Unfortunately, I had already removed the engine, trans, and body from the car. She asked if I could just part it out, and I refused suggesting the car was WAY too nice and deserved to be repaired. Rather than dumping a pile of Ferd parts in her yard at her new place she agreed to sell the car to me for a stupid low price I couldn't refuse. Thus, I bought it, titled it, and fixed it. Slowly, piece by piece, the old Ferd was repaired. Rusty rails were sectioned and cut out to make way for thick as fuck recycled Chrysler Sherman Tank steel to replace it. Painted up, and the body was bolted back on. It's the perfect wagon to take to a Bell Isle pick-nick, or ease on down to the local tavern and bury your sorrows in booze, whichever is your preference. It really looks great parked in front of your local party store. Regardless, it's a fine DEE-troit automobile with lots of love poured into it. Please take it off my hands before I douse it in kerosene, light it on fire, and push it off the top of the Ambassador Bridge. It's time to move on for fucks sake.

If you text me and ask what the lowest price I'll take is I will not respond. This only suggests you don't have enough money to make a decent offer. Feel free to ask if "it's still available" or if it's easy to find parts. Come take a look at it and be a man (or woman) and make an reasonable, palatable offer. If not, fine, I'll just keep it.

The car already has a name. It's not Michelle, Rebecca, or fucking Christine, or any other silly, cliche chick name that dudes in there 50s give to their cragared muscle car..... Its name is Herb.
    Herb the Ferd.
    It was Herb when it was purchased from the college kid, and it should remain Herb until the sun explodes and humankind ceases to exist because that is literally how long this car will live. It will accomplish old WAGON things faithfully until the rapture. When we are all melting and screaming in hell this car will still be rolling over Motown's cratered shit-assed roads without any fucks left to give.

Yes I live in Detroit. No, I won't kill you.

You can call or text:
    two48-Seven59-7nine25

-Guy selling car

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...382373832.html

More interesting is the description, especially 3rd paragraph about why he's selling
    I kinda want it because my neighbors would hate it
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Club Member

Hilarious ad, but the carz kinda kewel.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default Cool/Interesting/Oddball finds on CL

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post
    Wow that is both hideous and cool looking.
    LOL, that's how I felt...

From some angles it actually looks really good and others make me want to puke.

Like my wife
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mrvids View Post

From the bottom of the ad...

VR-4.JPG

Club Member

That looks fun!

Thread Information