Thread: Breaking in a new Ferrari 488 GTB

Default Breaking in a new Ferrari 488 GTB

My friend picked up a new Ferrari 488 GTB Friday and invited me over to go for a ride / drive it today. The car is quick.... much quicker than his 458 Italia. With only 100 miles on it when I got there, we broke it in right. As of now, it's only 1 of 2 in MI with the other belonging to Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers.

Club Member

Sweet!

Looks like a lot of fun!
    ****MATT*****

Nice car.

Just an observation, and not to be the guy who drives a Chevy and talks down to a Ferrari, but it seems like there's a noticeable amount of lag between pulling the paddle shifter and the gear change actually happening. Seems like with that momentary lag it would be pretty difficult to be spot on with your shifts. What type of transmissions do those come with? Is it the equivalent to an auto with paddle shifters, or does it have to be manually shifted like that?

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    Nice car.

Just an observation, and not to be the guy who drives a Chevy and talks down to a Ferrari, but it seems like there's a noticeable amount of lag between pulling the paddle shifter and the gear change actually happening. Seems like with that momentary lag it would be pretty difficult to be spot on with your shifts. What type of transmissions do those come with? Is it the equivalent to an auto with paddle shifters, or does it have to be manually shifted like that?
    it actually shifts very quickly, I believe .040 seconds. It's a dual clutch F1 gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by 99SaleenSpeedster View Post
    it actually shifts very quickly, I believe .040 seconds. It's a dual clutch F1 gearbox.
    Maybe it's just the video then. It just seemed like he'd pull and it took a bit to shift.

Honestly, I've used the paddles maybe 3 or 4 times in the SS, so I have absolutely nothing to base my comments off of.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    Maybe it's just the video then. It just seemed like he'd pull and it took a bit to shift.

Honestly, I've used the paddles maybe 3 or 4 times in the SS, so I have absolutely nothing to base my comments off of.
    I've driven boat loads of chrysler products with paddles. I honestly don't like them much. If I have the option to shift manually from a console/floor shifter that's what I use.

Something like this?

Thread Information