Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official MM Woodward Dream Cruise Parking Aug. 20th 2016**

Elected Club Official

Default **Official MM Woodward Dream Cruise Parking Aug. 20th 2016**

Details are Finalized!!!
    As a reminder, you do not need to own a muscle/sports car to come!!

We have 40 parking spaces in the lot with great access to Woodward as well as the street spots that we had last year! I've got the contract in hand with additional paperwork this year and am visiting the Huntington Woods Police Department before the event.

The lot is at located to the north of 26789 Woodward. It's at the north west corner of Woodward and Borgman which is one block south of 11 mile Road, on the west side of Woodward. You enter the lot from Borgman.

Here's the Google Satellite map with pics for everyone if you've never been.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir//42....m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

The cost this year is $55 for active club members that are current on their dues and $65 for all alumnae members and guests. Anyone wishing to renew their membership or become a club member will also get a discount once again this year!!! For $70 you'll get your reserved Woodward spot, $10 discount on becoming/renewing your Club Membership, and I'll throw in 1 Motown Muscle license plate frame and new this year(HUGE thanks to Anthony) a MM Koozie(They look AWESOME)!! We'll also have additional plate frames to sell the day of along with koozies. The cost is per parking spot and not bodies in the car. The clubs total cost is $2000 for us to rent the lot, plus the food/drink expenses that we cover.

We will have our usual mix of grills with hot dogs, burgers, buns, chips, ice, pop and utensils provided. I'll make "Nick-o-Rita's" again this year, they're no Rick-o-Rita's but seemed to go over well the past few years! There's always room on the grill for whatever you'd like to bring for yourself/to share, i'll be bringing multiple grills this year.

You can pay using the Club's PayPal or by check/money order/cash. The PayPal Account is: MotownMuscleCarClub@Gmail.com Please include your user ID when using PayPal. Please pick friends/family as the paypal type so that we don't lose money on every transfer that we receive.

I've already paid a $1,000 deposit out of pocket today, let's try to get me paid back ASAP :-)

We'll keep a running tally of spots reserved/paid for. Please reply to this thread after payment has been made so we/others will know how many are left. These spots typically go very quickly and sell out every single year, reserve/pay for your spot(s) so you don't miss out! New comers are always welcome, folks that recently started coming to this can vouch for how welcoming everyone is. It's a great please to meet new car folks!

40 Spots Available Total

40 CMYZ28-Paid
    39 Anthony-Paid
    38 Beigg-Paid
    37 ZYA_LTR-Paid
    36 DRAG-ULA-Paid
    35 cASe SensiTive-Paid
    34 SSpdDmon-Paid
    33 WayFastWhitey-Paid
    32 Braile-paid
    31 OldbutNew-Paid
    30 Dave89iroc-Paid
    29 95 Z/28 LT1-Paid
    28 svopro-Paid
    27 mustangmike6996-Paid
    26 LTLHOMER-Paid
    25 LTLHOMER-Paid
    24 LTLHOMER-Paid
    23 LTLHOMER-Paid
    22 Aron Jacobs-Paid
    21 Aron Jacobs-Paid
    20 Aron Jacobs-Paid
    19 Aron Jacobs-Paid
    18 littlemissGTO-Paid
    17 Walter W.-Paid
    16 Walter W.-Paid
    15 Black88coupe-Paid
    14 Rickety-Paid with fake bills
    13 Ghost Stang-Paid
    12 4 cam tbird
    11 4 cam tbird
    10 DeFormula-Paid
    9 AZN Dayton GTO-Paid
    8 CrusinCobra-Paid
    7 Roadrage-Paid
    6 L98Terror
    5 Daveg/Mikeg-Paid
    4 Jerky-Paid
    3 Jim
    2 Yonson-Paid in Pennies
    1WayfastWhitey

5 Scott714
    We do have the 10 bonus spots in the street that we typically set up tents etc. and usually park a few cars. Since we've sold out our regular parking I'll open these up to 5 or so cars so that we can still keep this area open.

*** Important Update ***
    I had the opportunity to speak with the Huntington Woods PD today to discuss past situations that have occurred and to make sure we're all on the same page this year. As I'm sure we can all understand/agree, it's a brutal week/weekend for the law enforcement folks working during that time. I know in the past that the officers have visited our lot and gave us a heads up that we'd need to wrap up around a certain time etc. At the end of the day, we need to make sure we're packed up and ready to go when the cruise officially stops at 9PM on Saturday(10PM on Friday) and we'll need to be prepared to leave the lot at that point. This year, there is a new officer in charge of the event and he'll be stopping by to check in with us during the day and may stop by near the end if time allows to give us a heads up that it's getting near time to roll out. I'm putting my personal reputation on the line with these folks and I hope that we can all abide by my/their ask(myself included) so that we can continue to use this lot without problems in the future. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me directly. Thanks!
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 08-18-2016 at 02:05 PM.

image.jpeg

Thank you
    Salvato designs
    El Presidente Nick for allowing me to use the Motown logo
    Dan Millen
    Steve frankensomething

For use of their logos

Put me down for a spot, I'll PayPal tonight, sitting in class right now. Thanks for all the work Nick!! Looking forward to hearing what the PD has to say.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Just paid, thanks!!!!!
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Pisses excellence cASe SenSiTive's Avatar

Just sent my $$.

Elected Club Official

Updated!

I will throw down on a spot with extras if you install the plate frame

I will see what Mike is up to, maybe I can drag him down with me if I promise to DD.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    Will someone please lock this fucking thread.

Club Member

Will you supply a spreadsheet of cost vs benefits?
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Will you supply a spreadsheet of cost vs benefits?
    I may be too busy making company stock go thru the roof single handedly but I've got a big hug with your name on it either way lol!
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 07-07-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    I will throw down on a spot with extras if you install the plate frame

I will see what Mike is up to, maybe I can drag him down with me if I promise to DD.
    Deal, i keep tools in the car most of the time... i mean it is a Chevy lol . It'd be good to see you guys, been forever!

Thread Information