Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical/Dental insurance underpayment?

Default Medical/Dental insurance underpayment?

Earlier in the year, I had some dental work done. Had a small out of pocket cost as expected. Fast forward a few months later, I get a bill and breakdown of cost in the mail from my dentist stating that I owe them over $500 due to "insurance paid less than expected"... I was told that the out of pocket cost was going to be under $100 originally. What are my options? Aside from pay them back. I feel like they may have under-quoted me and now trying to cover their own ass. Any opinions or has anybody else dealt with this in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIII93 View Post
    Earlier in the year, I had some dental work done. Had a small out of pocket cost as expected. Fast forward a few months later, I get a bill and breakdown of cost in the mail from my dentist stating that I owe them over $500 due to "insurance paid less than expected"... I was told that the out of pocket cost was going to be under $100 originally. What are my options? Aside from pay them back. I feel like they may have under-quoted me and now trying to cover their own ass. Any opinions or has anybody else dealt with this in the past?
    Technically by law it's their fuckup and they should be eating that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

do you have the bill showing the amount you paid earlier as the due balance? if so and now they have a different balance tell them to pound sand, like reiko said they fucked up and hope you are crazy enough to pay it. As long as they had your insurance info prior to the appt they are up shits creek.

I deal with this all the time, therapists will tell us things are covered by insurance and then bill us 6 months later,

always get things in writing and receipts, then again you should anyways as all medical payments are tax deductable
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    do you have the bill showing the amount you paid earlier as the due balance? if so and now they have a different balance tell them to pound sand, like reiko said they fucked up and hope you are crazy enough to pay it. As long as they had your insurance info prior to the appt they are up shits creek.

I deal with this all the time, therapists will tell us things are covered by insurance and then bill us 6 months later,

always get things in writing and receipts, then again you should anyways as all medical payments are tax deductable
    I'd love to get some insight from a lawyer. After the procedure, they tried to charge me over 900. I questioned that heavily and they found some write off or some BS in which reduced my out of pocket to $89. Big difference.. I specifically asked if I was all set and that's all I had to pay including the follow up appointment. They replied yes. Mind you this is a procedure I got done back in the beginning of March. I just received this bill beginning of June.

I'd love to get some insight from a lawyer. After the procedure, they tried to charge me over 900. I questioned that heavily and they found some write off or some BS in which reduced my out of pocket to $89. Big difference.. I specifically asked if I was all set and that's all I had to pay including the follow up appointment. They replied yes. Mind you this is a procedure I got done back in the beginning of March. I just received this bill beginning of June.
    Not your problem... Show them the paid invoice and tell them to pound sand...
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    Not your problem... Show them the paid invoice and tell them to pound sand...
    What happens when they send me to collections?

What happens when they send me to collections?
    you sue them under the FDCA and get paid,
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

this deals with emergency services, if you had a scheduled appt for work to be dont the dentist should have obtained pre-approval from the INS company

you sue them under the FDCA and get paid,
    this deals with emergency services, if you had a scheduled appt for work to be dont the dentist should have obtained pre-approval from the INS company

Thread Information