Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwartz 1964 Chevelle Chassis Final Fix

Club Member

More from a previous post......What I had to do for the motor mounts and some suspension....

I had to move the transmission mount forward about 4 inches. The radius rod pivot was too far down by about 1-3/8 inches so I moved that up, and had to scallop the kick out for bolt clearance to the outside. It was causing the lower control arm to bind as it was going into jounce.

There is still one more thing I need to do and that is to fix the rear bumper area, or lack of bumper mounting. There are some brackets which need to be made for the rear bumper which were never there….

The headers still more of less fit. I know one or two tubes will need to be modified for the steering shaft which now goes to a rack...

Strut Rod Relocation 1

Strut Rod Relocation 2

Engine and driveshaft in with spacers - Pinion angle needs to be set, but everything will work.

Transmission mount needed to be moved forward about 4"

About 1" of spacers needed. Wanted to isolate engine from chassis with hard rubber.

Club Member

Ready to weld the top and bottom of the new sections.....
    DSCN4968.JPG

Gary you are one hell of a guy, for the price of their shit I would have blew a gasket on them and would not be fixin shit. I hope you were compensated for their shit work. Good thing is now you know it's done right.

The amount of work you have had to do is unacceptable. They should have made it right with you. Good thing you know what you are doing. I would be lost.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Club Member

I put the last thing I needed and this bar is for the shock mounts.....I put a tube all the way the both frame rails. This way everything will be as strong as it needs to be......
    DSCN4969.JPG DSCN4970.JPG DSCN4971.JPG

Club Member

Gary it almost seems like they sent you a frame for a different car! How could they be that far off otherwise?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    Gary it almost seems like they sent you a frame for a different car! How could they be that far off otherwise?
    You know, they told me it was an early chassis and they have since fixed the issues. I understand that part and issues are part of the game. I am in the business of designing and building brand new machinery and know the pains of initial run-offs and what it takes to fix them. The reason I am so mad is that they NEVER told me what those issues were or how extensive they were. I probably would have bought another bare chassis at that point. I wouldn't have even been that mad at that point. Every time I would fix one thing, I'd find something else, fix it and find something else and it just kept going.....

It is the company's core values and integrity I question because they had many chances to help me. I sent them multiple "E" mails and numerous phone calls and everything went unanswered. I even bought the brakes and adapters from them thinking if I spent a few thousand with them, then they would talk, but no dice. So, the bottom line is I have zero respect for a company like that. If I can get just one person to not buy their product because of what they did to me, then I'll be happy.

Word of mouth is always the best advertising......But, it is over and done with......Well, almost over with. I haven't mounted the rest of the body yet, and I do know the front core support is about 1-1/4" too low when I checked by trying to mount the front fenders. Not sure how the bumpers will look, either. Can't do that until the body is mounted....

grr
    Last edited by grr456; 07-24-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Club Member

Finally finished welding everything up and painting.....

After welding
    DSCN4976.JPG

Ground the outside and bottom welds smooth
    DSCN4978.JPG

Painted
    DSCN4980.JPG

Added Jacking Pads
    DSCN4982.JPG

That looks great. Love the idea of the pads on the frame.

Looks awesome Gary... let the progress begin
    ****MATT*****

Thread Information