Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coyote, boss 302 or Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    can you find one for around 30k
    Close lol. I'd let mine go for 37k. Turn key 10 sec daily driver.
    2014 Shelby GT500 - 2015 Scat Pack Challenger - 1969 Olds Cutlass S - 1969 Plymouth Barracuda - 1967 Camaro - 1959 Bel Air

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    can you find one for around 30k
    I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some used ones down south in that range already with some miles on them. I haven't looked. I paid about $36 for mine new with the employee discount in March of '15.

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    OK here's my run down……

Keeping it stock…. Boss 302
    Light mods…. Shelby
    Major mods…. GT

The Boss deserves to be left as it is. A balanced machine. They look to hold resale too.
    The Shelby is a step above the Boss but easier to get into I believe. Respond well to pulley swaps, exhaust and tune.
    The Coyote Gt will be cheap enough that you could throw a blower on it and make it the quickest of the bunch, especially with the automatic. Wont' stand out and will only go down in value.
    Never thought of it that way but that is exactly right. You can mod the hell out of a GT and no one will care. Do it to a Boss or a Shelby and you will be shunned.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
    Close lol. I'd let mine go for 37k. Turn key 10 sec daily driver.
    If you're interested pm me. I'll make you an even better deal. Car has nice updates.
    2014 Shelby GT500 - 2015 Scat Pack Challenger - 1969 Olds Cutlass S - 1969 Plymouth Barracuda - 1967 Camaro - 1959 Bel Air

Club Member

I should add that I special ordered my scat pack as a "zero option" car so it was literally the cheapest scat pack you could get. Most I saw on dealer lots were $5-$10 grand more than I paid, so finding one for $30K will probably be tough. I was thinking maybe in parts of the country where they drive them year round you could find one with 30K miles it might be around $30K. I know Chris Hansen's had more options than mine and he has done some cool valuable upgrades as well. His is a real butt-kicker for the money and I am sure it is in immaculate condition.
    Last edited by DeFormula; 08-29-2016 at 01:56 AM.

Thread Information