Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep an eye out - STOLEN CAR(s)

I daily drive mine too...I mean I did. Had almost 18k on it. Was planning on keeping it for the long haul.

I'm torn on if I want it back or not. I think I'd be stoked if it was found with just wheels/tires missing, but I don't know. Insured, but we still have the place in Mt. Clemens so hadn't switched address yet. I can't imagine owning/insuring a nice car down here after this.

With as distinctive as it is, and how many eyes are looking for it, I'm imaging it's toast. Not that there aren't plenty of places to drop it out of site, but I'd be shocked to see it again.

Talking to a couple people yesterday, there's been a rash of break-ins at "nicer" "secure" residences. Getting a gate or door open isn't rocket science. My feeling is that as real estate prices are soaring the powers that be don't want this out there. Detroit 1.0 likes the false narrative that Detroit 2.0 gets special treatment from police so they can push the resentment/race card. Detroit 2.0 likes the same false narrative to give prospective new residents a false sense of security to keep the residential prices soaring. All the BS in the media about Corktown getting beefed up police protection and thefts there are still nightly.

I knew the risks I was taking daily driving that car in the city. At least I didn't get my brains blown out for it like a 65 year old lady did the same night.
    It's my fault for making it look so easy.

I know you mentioned that you went around the block looking for it, just a side note I see a lot of recoveries in garages of abandoned homes. Not saying it's smart to go poking around but if it looks like there are fresh marks it could be a leed. Thefts in Detroit usually are recovery one of two ways, wheels/tires and the body damage associated with the theft and recovery or strips. It sucks and I feel for you but it's the way it is down there and has no signs of changing on the horizon.

I would be heart broken. Like others have said, I wouldnt want it back. Who knows how many times it was bounced off the limiter or jumped.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I would be heart broken. Like others have said, I wouldnt want it back. Who knows how many times it was bounced off the limiter or jumped.
    I gaurantee it was never even started and only pushed with another car

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    I daily drive mine too...I mean I did. Had almost 18k on it. Was planning on keeping it for the long haul.

I'm torn on if I want it back or not. I think I'd be stoked if it was found with just wheels/tires missing, but I don't know. Insured, but we still have the place in Mt. Clemens so hadn't switched address yet. I can't imagine owning/insuring a nice car down here after this.

With as distinctive as it is, and how many eyes are looking for it, I'm imaging it's toast. Not that there aren't plenty of places to drop it out of site, but I'd be shocked to see it again.

Talking to a couple people yesterday, there's been a rash of break-ins at "nicer" "secure" residences. Getting a gate or door open isn't rocket science. My feeling is that as real estate prices are soaring the powers that be don't want this out there. Detroit 1.0 likes the false narrative that Detroit 2.0 gets special treatment from police so they can push the resentment/race card. Detroit 2.0 likes the same false narrative to give prospective new residents a false sense of security to keep the residential prices soaring. All the BS in the media about Corktown getting beefed up police protection and thefts there are still nightly.

I knew the risks I was taking daily driving that car in the city. At least I didn't get my brains blown out for it like a 65 year old lady did the same night.
    The race card was invented by the pilgrims when they landjacked the country from the Native Americans. Hope the car is found.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODUKE View Post
    The race card was invented by the pilgrims when they landjacked the country from the Native Americans. Hope the car is found.
    What the heck does that mean? What does that have to do with his car being stolen? I sincerely hope the car is found too.

quote from fb "Car was recovered. At the very least the wheels and tires are gone, window smashed, and bumpers damaged (from being pushed I'm sure). Guess I'll find out tomorrow the extent of the damage. A couple other potentially interesting things surrounding the circumstances. Just got the call, this is all I know."
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    quote from fb "Car was recovered. At the very least the wheels and tires are gone, window smashed, and bumpers damaged (from being pushed I'm sure). Guess I'll find out tomorrow the extent of the damage. A couple other potentially interesting things surrounding the circumstances. Just got the call, this is all I know."
    His latest update on FB is a bit different, apparently it may be more 'stripped' than originally reported. Overall, a bad deal for Josh and makes every car guy cringe knowing how they'd feel if it was them.

Sounds pretty fucking fishy on the DPD side of things.

First they told him it was just the wheels and tires, broken window, and some damage to the bumper. Now they say it's "stripped". Hopefully it's just missing wheels and tires.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Sounds pretty fucking fishy on the DPD side of things.

First they told him it was just the wheels and tires, broken window, and some damage to the bumper. Now they say it's "stripped". Hopefully it's just missing wheels and tires.
    Yeah, the whole thing sounds like bullshit. What a pisser.

Thread Information