Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Keep an eye out - STOLEN CAR(s)

I was on the fence about getting it back but once Kevin sent me the pics my heart fell through my stomach.

I've got a couple theories I'll write about at some point. Cops notifying me and then immediately asking my deductible and recommending "their" shop....then me declining...then when my car shows up there is waaaaaaaaaay more damage than told of...

a few other shady things too.

I'm gonna try to find something fun/old to get around in right now. Not something that screams "steal me." I have the SRT4 swapped P.O.S. neon but I would rather not daily it.
    It's my fault for making it look so easy.

I'm still trying to figure out what engineer OKed the brake line setup... That's just plain stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by lone racer View Post
    If we are getting technical,sometimes should be one word and I forgot to end the sentence so your 1 out of 3 in correcting me.I just wanted to point that out.
    Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    I saw it yesterday, but I let it slide
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria View Post
    Have any of you been following his Facebook posts? Sounds like the DPD had a hand in it.

Depending on insurance company, they also might be interested in following up on this. Especially if they have paid out for a lot of recovery vehicles lately.
    Do the Cat Daddy!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarken View Post
    Depending on insurance company, they also might be interested in following up on this. Especially if they have paid out for a lot of recovery vehicles lately.
    Excellent point.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what engineer OKed the brake line setup... That's just plain stupid...
    I can't speak for the car platforms, but the hard brake lines in the truck platforms at RAM (Dodge when I worked there) are the very LAST thing to get packaged. So before you blast some engineer for stupid packaging, you need to know the process. And trust me, there's far more than one engineer making unilateral decisions about anything over there. The volumes of meetings/reviews/approvals were off the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    I stopped trying to figure out Chrysler after the Cloud cars and going out of business the 3ed time.... Don't get hung up on the brake lines.

Forum Member

I wonder if the shop the police recommended happened to have all the missing parts in stock to repair your stolen car....in stock, and in the correct color even!

Fuck living in Detroit and forcing yourself to drive and own junk.

Thread Information