Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So who's got the iPhone 7 and how do you like it so far?

Forum Member

Default So who's got the iPhone 7 and how do you like it so far?

I'm getting to the point of needing a new phone. My 5 is getting a bit dated and touchy with its function.
    I use it for music though, with the headphone jack. So, I'm not really sure how that would work out if the 7 doesnt have this.

Seems odd to me that apple came out with the ipod for music, then iphone for phone and music, and now they seem to have phased that out.

Forum Member

It comes with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter for your situation.

Forum Member

Can you charge the phone and use headphones at the same time then?

I have the 7. Upgraded from the 6. It comes with the headphone adapter as mentioned above. As of now I don't think there is a way to charge and listen to headphones at the same time. Unless you're using Bluetooth earphones.

I like the phone. A lot faster then the 6. I'm still learning the new 3D Touch and some newer features.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    Can you charge the phone and use headphones at the same time then?
    Apple makes an attachment for that. It costs ~$40 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Apple makes an attachment for that. It costs ~$40 IIRC.
    I'm surprised they aren't charging $129.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Give it two weeks. Every gas station in the country will have the adapter for $7

I got 3 pair of Jbl Bluetooth ear pods.

Samsung phones that explode have wireless charging.

Everything is in the cloud now. It's natural progression.

But it won't be viewed as "cool" by the techy guys till Motorola or Samsung does it.

Hopefully Samsung can do it, minus the explosions

Forum Member

Sheesh, so what once was just commonplace, headphone jack is now $40?
    Is this the new trend? or is it just iphone?

I'm so glad i'm not old enough for this stuff to bug me, i actually am glad it's gone. If there is a way to do it wirelessly why are you stuck on having a cord?

Grab a 3.5mm bluetooth receiver and stick in in your car, pair your phone to it and play music.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Give it two weeks. Every gas station in the country will have the adapter for $7
    That's not how a Lightning cable works. Lightning cables contain a chip that authenticates the connection to the device. Companies that make them have to pay Apple royalty fees in order to market a product that works in place of the OEM Apple cable. A lot of the cheap Chinese cables out there do not work correctly. They either plainly don't work, have connection issues, or worst case scenario, they can fry the power regulator on the logic board.

Samsung phones that explode have wireless charging.
    The issue with the S7 was that in some of the batteries (~0.1%), the anode touched the cathode and caused it to overheat. Any battery with a hard short can react violently, anything from an AA battery to a 5V 2a cell phone battery will react in an unfavorable manner, so be careful throwing a lose battery in the same pocket as your car keys.

Everything is in the cloud now. It's natural progression.
    Anything important isn't worth storing in the cloud, let alone on a SD card in a phone. For as wonderful and convenient as cloud storage is, a large scale attack on network infrastructure can and does compromise data on a regular basis. As security models get more robust, so do the means to breach them. All cloud computing means is that your data is stored on somebody else's computer. The big reason you should not use cloud applications to store your sensitive data is that you lose control of it.

But it won't be viewed as "cool" by the techy guys till Motorola or Samsung does it.
    The majority of what iPhone offers was already pioneered by Moto, Samsung, LG, and Google. They just didn't need to use a week long marketing conference as a means to convince people they can't live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    Sheesh, so what once was just commonplace, headphone jack is now $40?
    Is this the new trend? or is it just iphone?
    It's just the iPhone. Apple's job is to make money, pure and simple. What Apple does to make that money is questionable. While they had a hand in developing (and promoting) open standards such as Micro USB and USB-C, they didn't adopt them because that would mean anybody can make accessories without Apple's blessing and royalty fees. With my phone, I can use any USB device, with an iPhone, I can't. While Apple's products are very visually appealing, the hoops they make their customers and 3rd party hardware manufacturers jump through are appalling. If Apple used USB from the get-go, you wouldn't have had to buy the same accessories over again due to a different connector.

Apple is kind of like the North Korea of consumer electronics. Apple will never let you install apps from sources other than the App Store. They will never let you install a good ad blocker to keep your apps and web browsing ad free. The company who once announced to the world that they opposed DRM on music has been pushing DRM in every other area of their business. Apple goes out of its way to apply DRM on every piece of software and hardware on the iPhone, even going as far as saying it is illegal for users to install software that comes from anywhere other than the official App Store. Apple is the only consumer electronics company that imposes censorship over the apps the end user can install. If you can't do what you want with it, and it's well within the capabilities of the device, do you really even own it? How would the people of this forum feel if Ford, GM, or Chrysler had stipulations as part of "owning" their products? They'd all be running to the nearest import dealership.
    Last edited by Tin; 09-25-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information