Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla: Yah or Nay?

Default Tesla: Yah or Nay?

What does Motown feel about the performance of the Tesla and electric motor vehicles in general? I am fascinated by the power and propulsion, virtually silently. It will only get better with time and technology. But it makes be rethink my performance definers… Engine roar, tire squeal, exhaust gas smell. All of that is unnecessary for these EV's. Is the brutal acceleration enough? Would electric power become boring without all of the other sensory input? Being the sleeper type I can't help but think I'd be giggling every time I mashed on the "gas". I'd love to drive a Tesla. I fully expect to buy an EV in the near future, probably a motorcycle first.

Check out this latest clip of the hottest Tesla at the drag strip against a Lambo Huracan. Crazy times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GZtTRKuE8A

They are very fast but pretty bland in my opinion. I have seen a couple here and there and they lack certain things. I cant get over the grill with minimal opening. Granted it is not required due to lack of radiator but it looks like an unfinished prototype. The other thing I do not like is the interior. Its ahead of its time, it looks like a series of Ipads that someone installed for a custom interior competition.

I will be impressed when they grow wings and fly. lol

I really like the model s, except for the giant ipad as Mike said. While they are fast, I do enjoy a nice exhaust note and would probably miss it (in regards to a weekend car, not a DD)
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

They are fast but I can't get super into it. I had a Tesla Roadster some guy traded me and my phone literally would not stop ringing about it. I drove it for a couple weeks. I found it more of a novelty than something I'd be interested in long term. Instant max torque is cool but still missing any real drama. For a daily driver, I'm sure it's fine.

Ultimately I'm sure hybrid ICE/electric will be the dominant performance setup because pure electric is too bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Club Member

I thought this was going to be about an 80s rock group. The Tesla car...meh.

I think they'd make an awesome daily driver, but they could never replace the sounds of a v8. It's pretty cool that you can buy one and go to the drag strip and pretty much mop the floor with 80% of the cars there in your stock electric car.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rj4Av2ddsY

Tesla P100D whoopin' some more butt. LOL

Motown's very own village idiot!

Nay. This asshole has ruined to good name of Tesla!
    Fuck him.

My husband really wants to get a Model S for his daily driver in a few years.. We test drove one in Arizona and the acceleration is very impressive!

I like the concept of having a gas engine for rear wheels and an electric powered front axle. You can drive with either, economy mode runs the front axle until the charge is dead. Performance mode runs both. The newest Porsche supercar runs hard!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information