Thread: 12' Aluminum flat bottom boat (4' wide) with 3hp gas motor.

Default 12' Aluminum flat bottom boat (4' wide) with 3hp gas motor.

I'll be as honest as I can:

The boat looks like crap. It had fiberglass on the bottom, but it was peeling off, so I took it off and painted the entire boat white. I used a rubberized roofing paint. I still have 1/2 gallon and the rollers if you want to put a few more coats on it. so it looks more uniform.
    I doesn't leak. it didn't leak before I painted it and now it still doesn't leak.
    it's aluminum and 1 person can carry it, but it's a helluva lot easier with 2 people.
    it's registered and has 2017 stickers on it.
    I took it down the Pere Marquette River this month. took 4 trips down the river. No issues whatsoever. had 3 men in it plus all our gear probably 700lbs total.

Being a flat bottom boat, it will go in 4-5" of water.

Also have a Montgomery Wards Sea King 3hp, 2 stroke motor, short shaft. Motor runs great and looks great. All the original paint is still there and most of the original stickers are still there. for being how old it is, it looks really good. I went through the motor a couple years ago, rebuilt the carb and all the gaskets and seals. pulled it out this fall after it was sitting for about 3 years. All the gas evaporated. I filled it up with mixed gas and it started first pull. I ran it for about 15 minutes in a garbage can full of water. no issues.
    took it up north, started ever time on the first or second pull. probably put 20 hours on this month on all the fishing trips. never had an issue.

the little 3hp was strong enough to move the boat with 3 men in it and all our gear up (total probably 700lbs, 3 men @ 200lbs each and 100lb gear))and down the river. In some places the current is very strong and the boat made it through (obviously it slowed down a lot, but made it through).

I really do not want to separate but if I have to I will.
    Comparable motors on craigslist are going from $200-$350.00 (look for yourself)
    Comparable boats on craigslist are going from $300-$500.00 (look for yourself)

I'll sell it for $500.00 obo. NO trailer.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

I have video of the motor running on my cell phone, (when I first started it up after sitting for 3 years) but have no idea how to put it up on here.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Thread Information