Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for the LED's for garage

Default looking for the LED's for garage

Does anyone still have the led's for sale? I plan on using them in my garage. I will need to know lumens, length of led's and so on. I have 10'6" walls, with a ceiling height of 15', so I will need to know if these led's will throw adequate light to the floor. If they will work, I will need enough to cover 34'x56'. I am also looking for two motion flood/security lights for each outside end of the garage. Thanks.

IMG_20161024_160351656 (Medium).jpg

Club Member

FYI - I bought a bunch of them about a year ago and so far out of the 10 I bought in the first batch, 5 have totally failed within 3 or 4 months. They won't turn on at all anymore, so I've replaced them with my second batch of 10.

Not sure why they fail......Just my .02....grr

Forum Member

mine have been in for a year and a half now with no failures yet and turn on at low temps. no problems and awesome light

I have a bunch still, I always have them in stock... I sell quite a bit of them.

I have them installed in my shop if you wanna come look at them installed 12' off the floor.

I've gone through about 1200 or so lights and I've only had one come back as faulty.. I know somewhere along the line they improved the male/male connector and the wire is nicer on the splice end. The ones I had in my personal garage I had to swap the Male male connector to the longer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    FYI - I bought a bunch of them about a year ago and so far out of the 10 I bought in the first batch, 5 have totally failed within 3 or 4 months. They won't turn on at all anymore, so I've replaced them with my second batch of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post

If they are the ones from me gary they are under warranty, i will get them swapped
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I got a lot and only only won't say on.

I pulled and replaved it. One of the terminals is burned

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    If they are the ones from me gary they are under warranty, i will get them swapped
    Ken,

I have thrown (2) away already and haven't gotten around to replacing these 3....It could be the connector, but I have tried wiggling the light and nothing. On the first ones which failed, I hooked them up directly to the lead wire and still didn't work.

Gary

DSCN5180.JPG DSCN5181.JPG

so 5 bad? Ill email now
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Forum Member

so whats the price on these? I have been meaning to pick a few up 10-20 for the last year and a half or so

Thread Information