Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking for the LED's for garage

PM mike 347convert he has them, I finally got mine wired up proper last night only been 3 years
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I think I bought 40-50 4' clear bulbs.... knock on wood not one had failed.... I turn them on 6-7 days a week 8-14 hrs a day.

I need to change out every bulb in my garage at home..... what mounting ends do you guys use? ... and I think I read you guys connect end to end... what connectors have you guys found to be the best?

they come with a connector to daisy chain them, the newer connector is longer so it works much better. for the outlet end I use "mickey mouse " power cords
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    they come with a connector to daisy chain them, the newer connector is longer so it works much better. for the outlet end I use "mickey mouse " power cords
    Do you have any spare long style connectors I can try before I throw out the non-working lights again?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Ken,

I have thrown (2) away already and haven't gotten around to replacing these 3....It could be the connector, but I have tried wiggling the light and nothing. On the first ones which failed, I hooked them up directly to the lead wire and still didn't work.

Gary

Attachment 80306
    I'd put money on the connector M-M connector. One of mine takes a tap to turn on. I've roughed in 6 outlet boxes in my garage, and will likely just plug each fixture into an outlet individually.
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATOR View Post
    Does anyone still have the led's for sale? I plan on using them in my garage. I will need to know lumens, length of led's and so on. I have 10'6" walls, with a ceiling height of 15', so I will need to know if these led's will throw adequate light to the floor. If they will work, I will need enough to cover 34'x56'. I am also looking for two motion flood/security lights for each outside end of the garage. Thanks.

Attachment 80304
    Awesome build,have you considered floor drains?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATOR View Post
    Does anyone still have the led's for sale? I plan on using them in my garage. I will need to know lumens, length of led's and so on. I have 10'6" walls, with a ceiling height of 15', so I will need to know if these led's will throw adequate light to the floor. If they will work, I will need enough to cover 34'x56'. I am also looking for two motion flood/security lights for each outside end of the garage. Thanks.

Attachment 80304
    Awesome build,have you considered floor drains?
    Mike

Cut and paste from an older thread on the lights. You can chain 5 together, total power for all 5 is 200W.

Pics below are with 1 single light in an otherwise completely dark shop. I am sure they will light better once I get the shop boarded and painted BRIGHT white.

Very low profile, screw them right to your ceiling. They only weigh a few oz. each

Below is a comparison of 1 fixture in my garage, only source of light.

Testing.... i held the LED fixture right beside the t12 fixture for comparison.

2 bulb 40W T12.

Single 4 ' LED
    Mike

I currently have 4 rows of 8 in my garage zero issue

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Do you have any spare long style connectors I can try before I throw out the non-working lights again?

Gary

Let me look , i did have one "bad" fixture. Turns out the end was loose. You still in novi for work?

Thread Information