Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking for the LED's for garage

They are about $13 each. I have had issues with the shorter connector, they have since made it longer

Now they are to the point where the lights don't touch.

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Yeah these work great. The ones I got are 6000K (frosted lens). Light output is awesome. Gary, I too have had issues with the last light in a chain not working. It was the connector between them every time. I changed out from the shorter (in older batches of lights) to the longer (in the latest batch I got). I started with 12 from Ken (similar to what Mike has) and I ordered 100 myself to add more to my barn (12ft to the rafters), my wife's horse barn (11ft to the rafters), my basement, and the garage on the house. I wired up 'mickey mouse' plugs for my barn since it had plugs aready in place. I hard wired these in using pigtails in the wife's horsebarn and made 2 banks (north & south). They light up the space VERY well!

Gary, let me know if you want me to dig up some connectors if Ken doesn't have any. I am pretty sure I have a bag of extras somewhere since each light comes with one and I've only used less than half of them at this point.
    Last edited by Hugger Z; 11-14-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Let me look , i did have one "bad" fixture. Turns out the end was loose. You still in novi for work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z View Post
    Yeah these work great. The ones I got are 6000K (frosted lens). Light output is awesome. Gary, I too have had issues with the last light in a chain not working. It was the connector between them every time. I changed out from the shorter (in older batches of lights) to the longer (in the latest batch I got). I started with 12 from Ken (similar to what Mike has) and I ordered 100 myself to add more to my barn (12ft to the rafters), my wife's horse barn (11ft to the rafters), my basement, and the garage on the house. I wired up 'mickey mouse' plugs for my barn since it had plugs aready in place. I hard wired these in using pigtails in the wife's horsebarn and made 2 banks (north & south). They light up the space VERY well!

Gary, let me know if you want me to dig up some connectors if Ken doesn't have any. I am pretty sure I have a bag of extras somewhere since each light comes with one and I've only used less than half of them at this point.
    Ken,

Yes, I still work in Novi......Any new connectors I can get, I'll use......

Gary

Thanks for the help guys, just trying to figure out how many I will need for the space I mentioned in the first post...

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATOR View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, just trying to figure out how many I will need for the space I mentioned in the first post...
    Buy as many as you want now and more later if needed. I have 10 in a 2 car garage and it's very bright. .

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATOR View Post
    you will want at least 3-4 rows of them. i would suggest trying to find the cords that allow for 1 ft gap in between them. you would need roughly 40 of them if i'm counting correct

I have 1400 sqft and I have 15 and it's really bright! But I could do more lol.

I have 35 in my 24x30. Its awesome

For some reason I am not getting notices when you guys respond?

Thread Information