Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a Michigan 1971 plate

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    And this is why I try to make sure MM still has some life to it, awesome gesture by you!
    I met some great people through Motown over the years and and received a lot of invaluable information just from reading on here. I try to give back when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post
    I have a bunch of license plates I'm about to put on ebay. I went through mine I have four matching sets of 1971 plates. Because I love 71' Chevelle's Pick a set yours Free (early Christmas gift). You have to pick them up in Clinton township 48035.

you have any 70 or 67?
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dave89iroc View Post
    you have any 70 or 67?
    I have a few sets of 67 and some singles. I only have two single 70.
    Last edited by capone; 12-08-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Club Member

I've been collecting plates for a few years so I'm pretty sure I've got a pair of 70s if what capone has doesn't work for you.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

I used Mad Max for a 1958 motorcycle plate. Then had it restored. Looks killer on the old bike.

Video

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post

Video
    Thanks man for meeting up, and the hookup on the plates I really appreciate it one day I'll figure it out how to post pictures from my phone on here lol. But thanks for posting my pics

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    I dont think you need both plates.
    This is correct. However - whenever purchasing authentic plates (the term for this type of plate) you should always buy them in pairs. This will ensure that someone in Michigan is not already using the plate before you waste money on it. Of course, you can always write down the plate ID and go to the Secretary of Hate to ask if it is in use, but depending on where you live that can be a long ordeal.
    Print out this PDF, fill it out, send in your check and you should have your registration in about 6 weeks:
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hplate_16252_7.pdf
    Mad Max's is a great place to purchase authentic plates from. I've been dealing with them for years.

And now for my public service announcement: NEVER EVER EVER use Darryl's License Plate Restoration Services in Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by chacho44 View Post
    Thanks man for meeting up, and the hookup on the plates I really appreciate it one day I'll figure it out how to post pictures from my phone on here lol. But thanks for posting my pics
    Hey Rafael you're welcome. It's was nice meeting you. That is a beautiful car. When I post pictures on here I usually host them through photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    This is correct. However - whenever purchasing authentic plates (the term for this type of plate) you should always buy them in pairs. This will ensure that someone in Michigan is not already using the plate before you waste money on it. Of course, you can always write down the plate ID and go to the Secretary of Hate to ask if it is in use, but depending on where you live that can be a long ordeal.
    Print out this PDF, fill it out, send in your check and you should have your registration in about 6 weeks:
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hplate_16252_7.pdf
    Mad Max's is a great place to purchase authentic plates from. I've been dealing with them for years.

And now for my public service announcement: NEVER EVER EVER use Darryl's License Plate Restoration Services in Pennsylvania.
    I used Darryls and was beyond happy. Plate was folded in half and 2 "extra" holes in it and came back awesome. It did take awhile though but I didn't care.

What was your issue?

Thread Information