Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Where is this burnout video that you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Where is this burnout video that you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

the newest vid

creep much?
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    sorry but a passenger seat being optional is stupid as shit...
    I agree, but they must be anticipating people putting kirky's in these or something? I don't get it either.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

To bad ZONE isn't with SRT....

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    I agree, but they must be anticipating people putting kirky's in these or something? I don't get it either.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    found this:

"Today, we have a more detailed breakdown of the weight reduction efforts, including the total reduction number of 216 pounds.

First, the Challenger Demon will have a unique steering column assembly which is four pounds lighter than the one in the Hellcat. SRT also removed the parking sensor system, to trim another two pounds.

Changes to the braking system cuts 16 pounds, a removal of some sound insulation and other “NVH” components cut 18 pounds, lightweight suspension components cut 19 pounds, and the removal of the spare tire/trunk materials cut another 20 pounds.

Finally, the biggest weight cuts in the Challenger SRT Demon comes in the way of the seats – or the lack thereof. The Demon doesn’t come from the factory with a rear seat (cutting 55 pounds) or a passenger seat (cutting 58 pounds). That’s the biggest factor in the 216-pound diet: 123 pounds of seats."
    This car will no doubt be the most badass factory street/drag car, however, after reading this I'm thinking the Hellcat with a couple mods will still be the better nine second car for most people. It will just not have the same level of exclusivity.

I don't get it at all. You can buy a Cobrajet or a Copo if you want a turn key factory drag car. Most of the suspension stuff sounds like stuff they should have done on the base car in the first place. Pulling out the seats as your best source of weight reduction is just lazy.

I am not ragging on this car, it is still pretty bad ass. I just think this is further proof of the lack of hardcore skilled engineers at FCA. So they got together in a big meeting to talk weight reduction. And the best they could come up with was the seats? Sure that harkens back to the 66 hemi Coronet, but what is the point of that? In the Z28 GM engineered a lightweight rear seat, has manual Recaro seats in the front (ditched the power motors), and they stripped extra wires out of the harnesses. Not to mention the first production use of Multi-matic spool valve shocks when they could have stuck with the magnetic ride system in the ZL1 that was ready to go - but they didn't want the extra weight. Ford put Carbon Fiber wheels on the GT350 and that car is SUPER light now using all sorts of high tech materials. And FCA pulled out the seats...

Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I don't get it at all. You can buy a Cobrajet or a Copo if you want a turn key factory drag car.
    Problem with a CobraJet or Copo is you can not legally drive them on the road (they can not be plated).

--Joe

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I don't get it at all. You can buy a Cobrajet or a Copo if you want a turn key factory drag car. Most of the suspension stuff sounds like stuff they should have done on the base car in the first place. Pulling out the seats as your best source of weight reduction is just lazy.

I am not ragging on this car, it is still pretty bad ass. I just think this is further proof of the lack of hardcore skilled engineers at FCA. So they got together in a big meeting to talk weight reduction. And the best they could come up with was the seats? Sure that harkens back to the 66 hemi Coronet, but what is the point of that? In the Z28 GM engineered a lightweight rear seat, has manual Recaro seats in the front (ditched the power motors), and they stripped extra wires out of the harnesses. Not to mention the first production use of Multi-matic spool valve shocks when they could have stuck with the magnetic ride system in the ZL1 that was ready to go - but they didn't want the extra weight. Ford put Carbon Fiber wheels on the GT350 and that car is SUPER light now using all sorts of high tech materials. And FCA pulled out the seats...

Geoff
    Profit maximization? Intelligent use of resources? Getting a couple more years of profit out of an aging chassis while they adapt the best-in-the-world handling Alfa Romeo stuff into the replacement model?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    Problem with a CobraJet or Copo is you can not legally drive them on the road (they can not be plated).

--Joe
    Right on. That's why I said street/drag car. Shouldn't compare them really. Dodge also has a turn key factory 8 second drag only car (not street legal) available (or at least they did).

Thread Information