Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    come on now, its a Demon. Its unstoppable and destroys all... don't be so naive.
    Correct. In the quarter mile it destroys all stock vehicles. Always assuming traction and a competent driver. I recently beat an automatic Hellcat at Lapeer with my stock manual scat pack just because I was able to hook up better on street tires.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    Correct. In the quarter mile it destroys all stock vehicles. Always assuming traction and a competent driver. I recently beat an automatic Hellcat at Lapeer with my stock manual scat pack just because I was able to hook up better on street tires.
    I think Andy would have a good chance considering the demon probably wouldn't hook.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

What did you run? (If it's not a secret). Scat pack is the best bang for the buck of ALL muscle cars currently. I believe.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    What did you run? (If it's not a secret). Scat pack is the best bang for the buck of ALL muscle cars currently. I believe.
    I did post it elsewhere but it's nothing to brag about and I also had to come out of the hole just above idle so all of my 60 ft times were above 2.00 seconds. Anyway, my best out there was 12.80 at 113 mph. Most of my runs were in the 12.80s so I was fairly consistent. No prep to the car other than I filled the gas tank to help with traction. A decent driver in an automatic scat should kill me most of the time.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I think Andy would have a good chance considering the demon probably wouldn't hook.

-Geoff
    Could be.

Club Member

Also I think the new camaro may have an edge on the Scats due to having a slightly better power to weight ratio. I think they are comparable price-wise. But you'd have to drive them. To me the Scat was a better vehicle for daily use, more room, etc. The only thing the camaro obviously did better was handle. But my Scat is still a good handling car and plenty fun on the twisties. Want to do an HPDE with it.

Also I think the new camaro may have an edge on the Scats due to having a slightly better power to weight ratio. I think they are comparable price-wise. But you'd have to drive them. To me the Scat was a better vehicle for daily use, more room, etc. The only thing the camaro obviously did better was handle. But my Scat is still a good handling car and plenty fun on the twisties. Want to do an HPDE with it.
    Yes the Camaro is quick but there are usually killer deals on the Dodge stuff. That's a lot of car for the money. Then again Chevy might be dealing soon too.

Yes the Camaro is quick but there are usually killer deals on the Dodge stuff. That's a lot of car for the money. Then again Chevy might be dealing soon too.
    I got my Camaro 20% off in December (I paid what anyone would have paid), but they haven't even come close to that incentive again yet. It was limited to a couple per dealership too.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Is there, or is there not a way to buy a Demon without entering a bidding war and paying 100k+ for a car with an 86k sticker? I go to a large local dealer whom I've previously spent a lot of money with, and they are telling me they already have more orders than they will have cars. Just trying to make sure there isn't another way, or a dealer who will sell one for near sticker. Thanks for any info.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    Is there, or is there not a way to buy a Demon without entering a bidding war and paying 100k+ for a car with an 86k sticker? I go to a large local dealer whom I've previously spent a lot of money with, and they are telling me they already have more orders than they will have cars. Just trying to make sure there isn't another way, or a dealer who will sell one for near sticker. Thanks for any info.
    Yea the demand will definitely surpass supply. Unless you know the dealer principal who's willing to give you the "sticker" discounted price you'll probably in the 100k range. Same happened with the hellcat.

Thread Information