Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

Club Member

http://www.scatpackforums.com/board/...of-Performance

Demon Cuts 200lbs with Unique Wheels, Steering, Tires, Suspension and Interior

Early this morning, the second teaser video for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon went live on IfYouKnowYouKnow.com and while the first video didn’t offer much information on the new muscle car – this second video has a very clear purpose.

The title of today’s video is “Reduction” and thanks to the short press release accompanying this video, we get the image above and the information that the Challenger Demon will be at least 200 pounds less than the Challenger Hellcat. Dodge has trimmed these 200lbs+ by “adjusting” the wheels, the brakes, the suspension, the steering and the interior – although there is no detail as to exactly what changes were made to reduce this weight.

In the new teaser video below, you will see that the shadowy Challenger Demon pulls onto a scale of sorts and each of the components promised to be “adjusted” is quickly highlighted. First the wheels light up, followed by the front suspension, steering, brakes and front seats. We see that the vague scaler readout goes down, before the cab structure, the rear seats and exterior mirrors light up – followed by what appears to be the rear brakes and perhaps the dash board.

The video ends with the hearty roar of what we can only imagine is the supercharged V8 under the hood of the Challenger Demon.

It seems that the Demon will have smaller wheels, which should be lighter than the wheels on the Hellcat, and since the Hellcat brakes don’t fit inside smaller wheels – I would guess that it might have a slightly smaller braking system. It is hard to guess how the SRT team lightened up the suspension system, but a combination of lighter weight components in that area and a lighter set of seats should work with the lighter brakes and wheels to cut the weight of the Demon closer to the 4,000lb mark.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 88RedLX View Post
    http://www.scatpackforums.com/board/...of-Performance

Demon Cuts 200lbs with Unique Wheels, Steering, Tires, Suspension and Interior

Early this morning, the second teaser video for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon went live on IfYouKnowYouKnow.com and while the first video didn’t offer much information on the new muscle car – this second video has a very clear purpose.

The title of today’s video is “Reduction” and thanks to the short press release accompanying this video, we get the image above and the information that the Challenger Demon will be at least 200 pounds less than the Challenger Hellcat. Dodge has trimmed these 200lbs+ by “adjusting” the wheels, the brakes, the suspension, the steering and the interior – although there is no detail as to exactly what changes were made to reduce this weight.

In the new teaser video below, you will see that the shadowy Challenger Demon pulls onto a scale of sorts and each of the components promised to be “adjusted” is quickly highlighted. First the wheels light up, followed by the front suspension, steering, brakes and front seats. We see that the vague scaler readout goes down, before the cab structure, the rear seats and exterior mirrors light up – followed by what appears to be the rear brakes and perhaps the dash board.

The video ends with the hearty roar of what we can only imagine is the supercharged V8 under the hood of the Challenger Demon.

It seems that the Demon will have smaller wheels, which should be lighter than the wheels on the Hellcat, and since the Hellcat brakes don’t fit inside smaller wheels – I would guess that it might have a slightly smaller braking system. It is hard to guess how the SRT team lightened up the suspension system, but a combination of lighter weight components in that area and a lighter set of seats should work with the lighter brakes and wheels to cut the weight of the Demon closer to the 4,000lb mark.
    They def know how to build excitement. It'll be interesting to see how high the power level goes. When they first built the Hellcats they had 850 hp and kept it on the shelf because they didn't need it. SRT "detuned" them and said "707 sounds like a cool number". I wonder if the race fuel will take them past 900 or if they'll still keep some on the shelf until (if) they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    Those are "movie" cars but totally the Demon. They even have the little Demon head logo on the fenders! Same scoop, same fender flares.

The Hellcat.org site is all crazy about this car. Tons of speculators and a couple of experts hidden ion there too. Fun stuff!

Club Member

About a month ago I was at a Chrysler (FCA) Management Club meeting that was all about FCA vehicles in the media...movies, videos, TV etc. All that was said is that the Challenger will have a big part in the new Fast and Furious movie. But yeah, it's the Demon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    About a month ago I was at a Chrysler (FCA) Management Club meeting that was all about FCA vehicles in the media...movies, videos, TV etc. All that was said is that the Challenger will have a big part in the new Fast and Furious movie. But yeah, it's the Demon.
    Might be the second F&F movie I'll see. Yes, I saw the first one. Lol

Sounds like brakes will have to be carbon ceramics right? That's a quick way to drop mass from the brakes. That Road and Track link shows a Nitto DR and the article itself doesn't even mention that in talking about the post showing it. I had heard rumors of a DR available on the Hellcat. Could it finally come on the Demon? I guess I needed to read farther, they do point out the Nitto DR in the text itself.
    -Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Yes, looks like a 315/40R18 NT5R which is 12.6 inches wide. I'm not a huge Nitto fan but that"s the most aggressive tire they make. From the factory would be amazing!

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

wow...front too.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Thread Information