Page 89 of 106 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Demon

Wouldnt need wider flares or wider tires if they just made the thing AWD...
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this as they try to wring every last ounce of profit out of this old, (but still excellent) chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I don't work for Chrysler, but I would bet they had a stylist working on them for months to try and get them looking the best they could. Sometimes, no matter how much work you put in, it is still lipstick on a pig.

-Geoff
    I could find a graphic designer that could probably redesign them in about 10 minutes, then mold or 3d print them. It isn't rocket science, so why make excuses? Gotta quit believing my lying eyes I guess...

This is more like a hot chick with a tattoo on her forehead. Why? Now that I've seen it, it's all I can see... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Incomplete lol

It was noted in this thread, any sheet metal changes would have needed all new crash testing

I know jealousy of an aged to perfection lx daimler chassis for 100k bothers people
    ...Said no one in the history of the world, ever...LMAO. You should expect more for $100k.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Wouldn't even need 8 cylinders if they made it 2k lb. You could go faster, turn sharper, stop faster, and get 40mpg. The recipe was flawed from the get-go.

Get a set of fenders.... Hellcat Air Dam....and rock the front runners...... Now, ya have a spare set of slicks... Problem solved....

Not a fan of the front flares....

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    Wouldn't even need 8 cylinders if they made it 2k lb. You could go faster, turn sharper, stop faster, and get 40mpg. The recipe was flawed from the get-go.
    Yeah, they could have made it a motorcycle too, and then it would be even faster. Everyone has opinions. I'm one of the tens of thousands of Challenger fans who hope they never change it too much, because it may then become "one of the crowd". The size and weight of it are part of the recipe that makes it preferable to many other cars. Roomy, comfortable, quiet, and better looking than the competition by miles, IMO. A great long-distance road car. Like many of the FCA/SRT products, it is really in a class of it's own, like the TrackHawk and SRT Durango. For instance, I didn't buy my Scat Pack to be the fastest or best handling, although it is the closest to a perfect car I've found for my current purposes. Yeah, the Mustang and Camaro were overall about on par performance-wise, but lacked big time in other areas that were important to me. I've owned dozens of performance cars, some foreign, and I like this one the best. It is the overall best performance car I've owned (close second goes to my 10 second C5). For $36K there was nothing new on the market that was close for me. To top it off, these top-dog Challengers (Hellcat/Demon) with all their weight, outdated chassis and "flawed recipe", are still the fastest of these types of cars. For many muscle car fans, they are the pinnacle. I can't wait to see what record breaking "flawed recipe" they cook up next! (BTW, with Alfa Romeo Quadrafoglio (or however you spell it), FCA has one of the best handling cars in the world so they could always build the car you are talking about with that platform!)

I guess most don’t worry about being safe and comfortable while going 10s
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Buddy picked his up last night. Going to fill it with race gas and toss it on the dyno late next week. It’s a bad ass car for sure. Wheel flares in person are not to bad, but the front side reflectors need help. Lol.

I know they needed the flares to run the larger tire, but with the correct offset they could have made a wide tire work out back without the flares. I have a 11 inch rear wheel with a 305 and it sits dead flush.

I really thought the flares would have been “demon” only which would have been sweet but so much that. lol
    Last edited by 13SECSS; 12-23-2017 at 10:07 PM.
    Steve Frankiewicz
    President. Frankiewicz Financial
    313-701-2771
    NMLS 164041/130290
    Equal housing lender.

Club Member

Yeah guys have fit up to 315s pretty flush on back w/o flares. FCA wanted to be able to go 315 on frt though to get grip on the skid pad over 1g. I don't think anyone's gone beyond a 275 successfully on the front without spacers on a non flared car.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    Yeah, they could have made it a motorcycle too, and then it would be even faster. Everyone has opinions. I'm one of the tens of thousands of Challenger fans who hope they never change it too much, because it may then become "one of the crowd". The size and weight of it are part of the recipe that makes it preferable to many other cars. Roomy, comfortable, quiet, and better looking than the competition by miles, IMO. A great long-distance road car. Like many of the FCA/SRT products, it is really in a class of it's own, like the TrackHawk and SRT Durango. For instance, I didn't buy my Scat Pack to be the fastest or best handling, although it is the closest to a perfect car I've found for my current purposes. Yeah, the Mustang and Camaro were overall about on par performance-wise, but lacked big time in other areas that were important to me. I've owned dozens of performance cars, some foreign, and I like this one the best. It is the overall best performance car I've owned (close second goes to my 10 second C5). For $36K there was nothing new on the market that was close for me. To top it off, these top-dog Challengers (Hellcat/Demon) with all their weight, outdated chassis and "flawed recipe", are still the fastest of these types of cars. For many muscle car fans, they are the pinnacle. I can't wait to see what record breaking "flawed recipe" they cook up next! (BTW, with Alfa Romeo Quadrafoglio (or however you spell it), FCA has one of the best handling cars in the world so they could always build the car you are talking about with that platform!)
    Picture a GTR at 2k lb... I'm not allowed to rep you again, lol. I don't hate the car at all, but I'm certainly going to throw some logic into your emotional spokes.

Thread Information