Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R/C car people, question(s)

Looking for a clod eh?

I might happen to have a pretty stock one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    I did this last year, but I used to have a ton of stuff about 25 years ago. Went to the local hobby shops and looked around, asking the workers about what I used to have. They looked at me like a deer in headlights, no idea what I was talking about. I still want something, but I have real cars now that I don't have time to work on, so I passed...I still want to stop in to check them out though.
    Used to race on road cars, buggies, stadium trucks, all sorts of crap, all the good stuff is gone now it seems...
    Actually I have old stuff as well, but will tell you without a doubt, the new stuff is far superior to the old stuff in every way.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    I did this last year, but I used to have a ton of stuff about 25 years ago. Went to the local hobby shops and looked around, asking the workers about what I used to have. They looked at me like a deer in headlights, no idea what I was talking about. I still want something, but I have real cars now that I don't have time to work on, so I passed...I still want to stop in to check them out though.
    Used to race on road cars, buggies, stadium trucks, all sorts of crap, all the good stuff is gone now it seems...
    where did you race and when? I raced in the early-mid 90's. Also race 3 nights a week in 3 states around virginia
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    My sons and I have 20 of them at last count. Nitro and electric. Boats and cars.

For kids you can't go wrong with Traxxas. Very durable and quick out of the box. For racing, associated or losi would be my go to. Smoother operation, fast and well balanced, but not as tough for bashing. Buy off CL and let someone else take the price hit. All of the above brands are well supported with service parts and aftermarket hop up parts. Here are some of ours. Six are missing from this pic.

Attachment 80704
    Lunchbox!!! Midnight Pumpkin!!!!

I have the same boat as the white one. It floats but it's slow. I completely forgot I had a boat until I saw the picture lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Yea, nitro used to be all the rage and now all of the new stuff seems to be electric.

What about chargers for the lipos?

Also, I need some rechargeable AA batteries for the transmitter/receiver, any suggestions?
    I run a hitec charger, it's basically 4 chargers in one. So I can charge all 4 of the same type of pack or different Types and sizes. My boys have traxxas stampedes that run 3s lipo, those will wheelie at any speed. We have a traxxas X-Maxx that's a big ass 4x4 they run on 2 3s packs for 6s. My personal rig is a Losi 5th scale that has a 32 cc 2 stroke engine in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 81z28 View Post
    I run a hitec charger, it's basically 4 chargers in one. So I can charge all 4 of the same type of pack or different Types and sizes. My boys have traxxas stampedes that run 3s lipo, those will wheelie at any speed. We have a traxxas X-Maxx that's a big ass 4x4 they run on 2 3s packs for 6s. My personal rig is a Losi 5th scale that has a 32 cc 2 stroke engine in it.

I run 8s on my xmaxx. Finally got tires to stop shredding

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Looking for a clod eh?

I might happen to have a pretty stock one sitting.
    Oh yeah?
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

The xmaxx is my 9 year olds, sounds like In February traxxas will sell them 8s ready. I might just need to pick one up.

How is that truck holding up? I've been holding back from getting one due to the reviews.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Thread Information