Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Versus Detroit

I know a lot of cars are stolen daily, but it blows my mind how many are Dodges. Check this out...

https://neighbors.ring.com/n/Y3oDm
    Last edited by 99SaleenSpeedster; 05-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.

It all depends on how easy the vehicle is to steal and if there is a market for the parts. At one point mid 2000's to mid 2000 teens it felt like the only thing stolen were GM full size suv's and the only thing taken were the wheels and nav. I'd get so many I could have most of an estimate written before even seeing the car they were so routine. The push away theft is something that is very unique to Detroit I remember years ago blowing an out of state colleges mind telling them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe87 View Post
    It all depends on how easy the vehicle is to steal and if there is a market for the parts. At one point mid 2000's to mid 2000 teens it felt like the only thing stolen were GM full size suv's and the only thing taken were the wheels and nav. I'd get so many I could have most of an estimate written before even seeing the car they were so routine. The push away theft is something that is very unique to Detroit I remember years ago blowing an out of state colleges mind telling them about it.
    Don't forget about the Dodge Rams in the early 2000s, being stolen for the 20s and the Hemi heads.

I’m removing the shifter release from my car lol. Shits stupid how easy it is to roll a charger away.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe87 View Post
    Yeah, there was an issue back when I worked in the Ren Cen where Millender center was completely open to the public. It was also where GM Employees would park. So, they'd steal a van, grab a ticket while entering the garage...go park next to an SUV, open the sliding door and strip it, blow through the gate on the way out, and the van would be found abandoned elsewhere, empty. The company ended up installing a 2nd gate within the garage so only employees could swipe through and park on the upper levels.

Saw this on FB yesterday.... someone saw a Nationwide Wrecker dump a stripped TBSS on their street in Detroit... they took pictures.. https://www.facebook.com/sookie.m.st...86801098071059

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    As L. Brooks Patterson said: "There is no reason to go to Detroit"
    At night.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Facebook page dedicated to stolen cars from Detroit.

Several people post each day "be on the lookout for my xxxx, it was stolen last night"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610187375899826/
    ---------------------

---------------------

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Suprised? ...no. Nobody is suprised. The chop shop market is alive and well and theft is a slap on the wrist. Convicted Armed robbery needs to be met with the death penalty also while we are on the topic of crime.
    Chop shops are alive and well in Detroit, but I can tell you the amount of theft rings I've heard about throughout the years in Roachville, Warren Tucky, and Mount Clements.

Roseville made our state look great when the bass pros came up here for a FLW tournament and a bass boat was stolen.

I love the people in here that think there shit don't stink, the amount of information I know growing up and having a couple of friends from Roseville, knowing 2nd hand information the amount of automobiles their friends stole, along with the rampant drugs in these cities I mentioned.

Has anyone seen Roseville lately, what the people look like from this city, 400-500 pounds overweight. The opioid epidemic running rampant... Not to mention what our lovely Governor did in Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by mrvids View Post
    The state wants to close the underperforming schools in Detroit, but put those students in any school and they'll pull it down. (only my opinion)
    The parents don't care and it shows in their children. It's sad.
    Yeah I wonder what the average IQ is in cities like Roseville, Mt Clemens, Warren Tucky. Majority of people I've talked to in these cities have a hard time understanding the science behind things like climate change, they'd rather believe in what they're told by talking heads corporate media and conspiracy sites like INFO wars, rather than from scientists. Because that's where you go to for honest science right?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post

So yea, do like I do, get a place in Grosse Pointe. In 15 minutes you can be walking around downtown. And in 15 minutes, you can be safe in your highly policed suburb. The worst thing cops in my city do is make fun of handicap people on video. Yea, that is fucked up too, but at least I know they aren't going to be loading up all my stuff when I head out of town. And do not fuck around in my city either. We get a weekly crime report, and our cops routinely enter Detroit to bust people who rob Grosse Pointers. They are quite good at it.

-Geoff
    I'm about to be in my 40s now, grew up in Grosse Pointe myself, I was lucky to have two blue colar parents that worked their ass off to afford to live in the Pointes and send me to private schools that offered an upper class education.

It's very interesting to see what it's like growing up in a white collar city, compared to blue collar cities like Roseville, Warren, Hazel Park, Mt Clemens... Seeing how Grosse Pointers, aka 1%, do the same thing and make fun of your blue collar class cities just like you people do Detroit.

The constant thing I hear from Roachvillians and Warrentuckians are the ones that brag they make 100k a year, thinking that makes them part of the upper class and the 1%. I constantly hear this from these people, they sound like a parrot, like they constantly have to prove themsevles knnowing how poverish some of them grew up. It's a joke! People whose families are just as dependent on things like wellfare as much as Detroiters. Some later grow up and find decent jobs, then buy a 35k sports car and think they're the next best thing since sliced bread.

The amount of people I grew up with in the 90s and early 2000 that said f#%#% the police with Tupac and Biggie, but now think they're hillbillies, listen to country music, pro-police, run around with rebel flags on their truck license plates claming it's their heritage. Whiggers were dime a dozen in Roseville, now you hear nothing but country music being blared in parking lots. Tools and fad followers...

I have sympathy for people of all different backgrounds, but when I seen some of the hypocrisy and harshness I've seen in this thread, when it goes on rampantly even in their own cities. I gotta speak up!!! Learn to show some respect considering the name of this forum.

Lot of hypocrisy that I can go on and on about. Automation is here and as new technology plans to take out 40% of the work force in the future, I wonder where that's going to leave some of these neighborhoods like Roseville, Warren, Flint, Hazel Park, Mt Clemens as the jobs go away. They're not too far from being turned into sh!t holes, if they aren't already.

All I see is a bunch of hyprocites that point the finger to make themselves feel better when some of their the own cities have some serious problems of their own.

Looks at that, lol, warrentucky in the urban dictionary...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=warrentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary View Post

An area of Warren, Michigan that is filled with run-down starter homes, and which has a very large white trash population. It gained its name for having a high number of people who look like they're from rural Kentucky (ie. pickup trucks on the lawn, etc.). It's somewhere near Groesbeck and 10 Mile, I think.

All of Warren is not Warrentucky, but there is a certain amount of spillover into other parts of the city. It is not uncommon to see rusty Chevy Berettas filled with skanky Warrentucky chicks driving around. For these vehicles, an Insane Clown Posse sticker is almost mandatory.
    I'm sick of seeing nasty-ass chicks from Warrentucky. They're all ugly and tattooed.
    Long time member on this forum and car scene, had to give a different perspective after reading some of the comments on this forum. And I can tell you after being in a few car clubs over the years, not the nicests things have been said about the members on this forum.
    Last edited by Sammy55; 05-31-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Thread Information