Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Versus Detroit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Not feeding the troll.
    Dude, I'm not a troll, and I'll probably stop posting after this and go back to reading this forum every three months or so because it's basically dead anyways due to social media, just like most forums these days. And it's sad because I miss how popular forums used to be back in the day, compared to whats going on with this social media crap which has basically just turned into a cesspool.

Anways, I just felt that some could of been more respectful with their comments, this being a Motown car club and all, but it's expected considering the current atmosphere in this country.

I'm sure you're good dudes, as years ago I hung out with some of the originators of this forum who were good guys.
    Last edited by Sammy55; 05-31-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy55 View Post
    Just a veteran car hobbiest that visits the forum now and then, just thought I'd try level the playing field talking about some of the other lovely cities and upstanding citizens that surround the metropolitan area.

Do I need to make a separate thread talking about some the crimes that go in other cities considering this is just a Detroit bashing thread? I don't want to hijack this thread, considering somebody wants me banned just by the first post I made. Maybe I touched a nerve?

All I'm saying is when I hear members talking about the education of Detroiters along with how convicted Armed robbery needs to be met with the death penalty... It just reminds me about some of the people I knew in my younger years that got slaps on their wrists for stealing cars in Roseville and elsewhere... Kind of like how Snyder got a slap on the wrist while Kwame is serving time... Maybe one of these days you could show the same austerity towards these same people from your own city.

I think what I'm getting at is, it's easy to criticize another city, while completely looking past many problems of your own community and city.

And after having my share of friends that grew up in Roseville, Warren, etc... Some of the Gems I got see these people hang around with over the years, I just found it very ironic and hypocritical, that's all.

But hey, maybe I don't know anything what I'm talking about. Living in Grosse Pointe most of my life, maybe some of the white collar people I knew that criticized some of your cities, the way you criticized Detroit, were just a small percentage of snobs from the Pointes.

Just find it hilarious when I go into the Kroger in Roacheville, there's security guards there. But hey, what a great city!

I remember the story when friend of a friend was cruising Gratiot back in the day, pulled over just to meet with some people and got stabbed in the chest, just missing his heart.

It's funny how the good ol Detroit bashing stories always find their way on here, but never some of the other stories from other broken down cities. I know plenty of stories that have happened over the years that would make for some great entertainment.
    You see the problem is you come here talking down to us, claiming that other people have said lousy things about us. You say you're a long standing member, but won't tell me who you are and hide behind an account you just created.

I know a lot of the folks here, have been to many dream cruises, car shows, track events with them. We all know each other, or at least each others cars. I've spent time with most of the people in this thread and while all of us don't see eye to eye all the time, I still consider all of them my friends and don't appreciate the way you've approached them in this thread.

No one is banning you, I'm giving you a chance to fess up and let us know who you are, maybe that way we can take your opinions and give them some thought. But if you're just here to troll and are not willing to back up what you said, yeah I'll pack your posts up and set you out to the curb. It's your choice really.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Club Member

Dude, I'm not a troll, and I'll probably stop posting after this and go back to reading this forum every three months or so because it's basically dead anyways due to social media, just like most forums these days.
    Ummmmmm, yes you are a troll - Half of your posts don't make a whole lot of sense and all I see is you bashing others. It's good you are going to stop posting....

grr

Not the first time I’ve heard secondhand stories of forum members “insurance jobs”. So maybe there is some truth to what he’s saying. Even if the tone is pretty harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    74 Charger 440/727
    91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568
    95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    You see the problem is you come here talking down to us, claiming that other people have said lousy things about us. You say you're a long standing member, but won't tell me who you are and hide behind an account you just created.
    I'm not talking down to anyone, sorry it seems that way from your perspective, wonder if some black members or even Detroiters may perceive this thread the same way after reading it... Not to mention how it looks coming from a car club that claims to be Motown associated.

claiming that other people have said lousy things about us.

not the nicests things have been said about the members on this forum.
    Look all I said was I haven't heard the nicest things said about Motown Muscle over the years... We all know the beefs that have come and went throughout the years, it is what it is being in a car club and being on a forum for that matter, it's expected.

But when I see threads like this that stand out, some of the harsh comments, maybe thats why some of the car hobbyists I've talked over the years didn't have the nicest things to say about some of the members, just a thought.

I know a lot of the folks here, have been to many dream cruises, car shows, track events with them. We all know each other, or at least each others cars. I've spent time with most of the people in this thread and while all of us don't see eye to eye all the time, I still consider all of them my friends and don't appreciate the way you've approached them in this thread.
    I really have no amusement posting what I've said or even hiding behind an account like you say I'm doing. I didn't have the password to my old account, also old email and I just felt like a different perspective was needed knowing the amount of people I've come across over the years that run their mouths about black people and Detroit, those that freely give out criticism and when someone's there throw it back in their face, they can never take it. Those that just claim I'm trolling, then bring up banning, twice for that matter...

I just felt like chiming in and sticking up for the city for once, doesn't happen often. But some of the personal stuff said about the education when I know the education and intelligence of many of these blue collar cities isn't that much better for that matter.
    Last edited by Sammy55; 05-31-2019 at 01:02 PM.

I'm not talking down to anyone, sorry it seems that way from your perspective, wonder if some black members or even Detroiters may perceive this thread the same way after reading it... Not to mention how it looks coming from a car club that claims to be Motown associated.

Look all I said was I haven't heard the nicest things said about Motown Muscle over the years... We all know the beefs that have come and went throughout the years, it is what it is being in a car club and being on a forum for that matter, it's expected.

But when I see threads like this that stand out, some of the harsh comments, maybe thats why some of the car hobbyists I've talked over the years didn't have the nicest things to say about some of the members, just a thought.

I really have no amusement posting what I've said or even hiding behind an account like you say I'm doing. I didn't have the password to my old account, also old email and I just felt like a different perspective was needed knowing the amount of people I've come across over the years that run their mouths about black people and Detroit, those that freely give out criticism and when someone's there throw it back in their face, they can never take it. Those that just claim I'm trolling, then bring up banning, twice for that matter...

I just felt like chiming in and sticking up for the city for once, doesn't happen often. But some of the personal stuff said about the education when I know the education and intelligence of many of these blue collar cities isn't that much better for that matter.
    So what's your old account? I'd be happy to reset the password for you. This isn't an unreasonable request. If you're not hiding behind an account, then why not answer my question?
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Banned

So what's your old account? I'd be happy to reset the password for you. This isn't an unreasonable request. If you're not hiding behind an account, then why not answer my question?
    That's what wanted from the get go, look man, lol, my reputation isn't at stake here, your club is... Just amazing how you have the city skyline in your logo, along with Detroit Michigan... But all I I've heard is nothing but negative comments said about this city in this thread.

Reminds me of some of the Grosse Pointers that went out of town, told other out-of-staters they were from Detroit Michigan just to act hard, but in reality they were just from one of the richest cities in the country.

Maybe you guys should think about changing your club's name, then you could do all the bashing you want about the city, then it would fit properly and wouldn't be so contradicting to your club.
    Last edited by Sammy55; 05-31-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Club Member

Just amazing how you have the city skyline in your logo, along with Detroit Michigan... But all I I've heard is nothing but negative comments said about this city in this thread.
    Because its a beautiful city full of lots of really cool things... that doesn't change the fact it's residents made and continue to make it a shit hole.
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

That's what wanted from the get go, look man, lol, my reputation isn't at stake here, your club is... Just amazing how you have the city skyline in your logo, along with Detroit Michigan... But all I I've heard is nothing but negative comments said about this city in this thread.

Reminds me of some of the Grosse Pointers that went out of town, told other out-of-staters they were from Detroit Michigan just to act hard, but in reality they were just from one of the richest cities in the country.

Maybe you guys should think about changing your club's name, then you could do all the bashing you want about the city, then it would fit properly and wouldn't be so contradicting to your club.
    Ok, all the other stuff about the aside, because I really had no intent on discussing it with you.... I'm just trying to see if you have any merit as a long standing member or if you were just here to troll. I got my answer as you refuse to even tell us your screen name. Just remember you ran yourself today, not me. Best of luck.
    Last edited by jsxtreme; 05-31-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

For the record I honestly didn't want to ban the guy for offering his opinion. He's entitled to it. But in doing so you can't just create a new screen name and start talking shit. If you're going to do it, own up to it and do it. (Fuck Detroitstyle if you're reading this ) You'll get a lot more respect that way and maybe someone would actually listen to your opinion and think openly about it.

Motown isnt a forum of strangers. We generally know each other. I gave the guy more than enough chances.
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Thread Information