Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Versus Detroit

That is a crazy read. I have felt the same way about Detroit for a long time though. I love the downtown, but the rest of the place is scary. I think that what has happened is that for kids growing up in Detroit for the past 20 or 30 years, they have turned into a new breed of criminal. Yea, you can find some good ones, but there are too many people in Detroit with no conscience. Too many criminal sociopaths. And the city is owned by them. Don't kid yourself. You are either just off their radar, or smart enough to stay out of their way. Remember those guys in court laughing after they got two year jail sentences for kicking a guy into a coma who stopped for a car accident? That is the modern Detroiter. No remorse.

So yea, do like I do, get a place in Grosse Pointe. In 15 minutes you can be walking around downtown. And in 15 minutes, you can be safe in your highly policed suburb. The worst thing cops in my city do is make fun of handicap people on video. Yea, that is fucked up too, but at least I know they aren't going to be loading up all my stuff when I head out of town. And do not fuck around in my city either. We get a weekly crime report, and our cops routinely enter Detroit to bust people who rob Grosse Pointers. They are quite good at it.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

That blows. I know he's not asking for anything, but is there a go fund me or a way to give him any tools? I know I've got a few spare tools laying around. At a minimum I know I've got a bench grinder and probably a bench vise. Also an older repainted top tool box.
    Last edited by ShadowRuleZ; 01-30-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

I shared this article on FB.
    Its heart wrenching to read this story.....

My wife & I have had discussions over and over again.... I want to move to a particular area of Detroit near the river.... she does not.... She fears as we get older we will just become prey.

I said to my wife over 40 years ago buying some of the old building in Detroit and turning them into lofts would be the shit.....
    I really thought no way the city could remain a shit hole for 20+ years.... I was wrong.... it still has a looonnng way to go.

What a heartbreaking read, although terrifically written. I am glad that he is planning to leave, he doesn't deserve the bs that Detroit will provide. I feel terrible for the minority of the Detroit population that are good people. Most of them probably cannot afford to leave, and cannot afford their safety to turn in the dirt bags.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

To bad BODUKE isn't around to defend this......

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    To bad BODUKE isn't around to defend this......
    He'd blame us LOL
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Club Member

It happened because Trump didn't show his tax returns!

guys making this political is low...Josh's situation is not gonna be any better by blaming someone based on their political beliefs or where someone lives. I dont hear anyone saying it was Mike Duggan's responsibility?

I had a collectible car stolen this year and feel the pain but no where near getting my shop pillaged. Sorry to hear dude.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxSSS View Post
    guys making this political is low...Josh's situation is not gonna be any better by blaming someone based on their political beliefs or where someone lives. I dont hear anyone saying it was Mike Duggan's responsibility?

I had a collectible car stolen this year and feel the pain but no where near getting my shop pillaged. Sorry to hear dude.
    Well, to those that understand, hopefully it lightened their heavy heart a little to infuse a little humor. I know I felt sick for Josh and the other victims after reading that article.

That's fucking horrible.

Thread Information