Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 - 2018 college football

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    How much time, too many Mich fans keep saying "next year" give him time

Penn state was a dumpster fire when franklin took over in 2014
    Miami under Richt is in the running for a playoff spot in his second year
    Georgia Under Kirby smart

at what point to harbaughs feet get held to the fire ?
    It wasn't a dumpster fire but Urban Meyer has done a bang up job at OSU. At this point it's hard for me to ever see Harbaugh having the success of Meyer, Saban or hell even Dantonio.

IMO he needs to win the Big 10 next season. Win or lose he ain't going anywhere, best coach we've had since Carr.
    84 Mustang Coupe

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Michigan came into the year with the youngest team in FBS. Now take out their starting QB, LT, and leading receiver and you're looking at the outcome. Not saying that would have had a huge difference in the outcome to the PSU game, but it would have changed the MSU game for sure. Doesn't change the record, but this idea that Harbaugh is underachieving overall is ludicrous. Don't forget that while he had a great senior class and junior class his first 2 seasons, Hoke had terrible recruiting classes for 14 and 15. They were one spot away from the B1G championship and likely a playoff appearance and that was with a late season shoulder injury to their starting QB. Harbaugh is earning every dime that he's getting.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

The talent is there, the recruiting is vastly improved...they are just young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Michigan came into the year with the youngest team in FBS. Now take out their starting QB, LT, and leading receiver and you're looking at the outcome. Not saying that would have had a huge difference in the outcome to the PSU game, but it would have changed the MSU game for sure. Doesn't change the record, but this idea that Harbaugh is underachieving overall is ludicrous. Don't forget that while he had a great senior class and junior class his first 2 seasons, Hoke had terrible recruiting classes for 14 and 15. They were one spot away from the B1G championship and likely a playoff appearance and that was with a late season shoulder injury to their starting QB. Harbaugh is earning every dime that he's getting.
    Jesus and Drevno cost Michigan the game(s) against MSU. Whose bright idea was it to call pass play after pass play in a monsoon. It certain wasn't O'Korn calling audibles at the line of scrimmage! Who forgot to call for max protection on the punt that cost them another game against us. The great Harbaugh was out-coached both games. Lack of Style keeps posting about Michigan's recruiting. Michigan has out recruited us every year Dantonio has been at MSU (so say the recruiting rags) and yet MSU has won 80% of the games against Arrogance State.

Go reread your post along with Jack Ass Style and keep finding excuses. 'Our team is so young...boo hoo hoo'. What garbage. THIS is why no one around the country likes Michigan. Let's call a spade a spade... Your coach just sucks ass. Harbaugh has the greatest QB in the country riding pine behind Larry, Moe and Curley. Either the QB can play or he can't. HE lost the game against MSU and the entire Southern Michigan roster was completely unprepared for Penn St. Get your tickets now! Only two more chances to watch the Skunkbears getting creamed by Wisconsin and Ohio State. The greatest and best...What a fucking joke!

You're showing your ignorance. While I would love to see Peter's play, what good would it do to put him on the field only to break him like happened with Gardner. If the O-Line is a turnstile, then putting in a new QB only breaks the new one. Look at the PSU game. O'Korn played well, but he was under constant barrage from PSU's D-Line. I would think this week against Rutgers we will see Peter's. And again, if those players aren't hurt, the MSU games changes drastically. You seem to forget that UM gifted the ball 5 times to MSU and they barely won. What does that say about the coaching on your side of the field?

This isn't to say there aren't coaching problems, but it's not with Harbaugh. I want to see the OC and O-Line coaches replaced at the end of this year.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    U of M has Dylan McCaffrey, last year he was the nations number 1 high school quarterback prospect. I cannot wait to see him play and believe he will do very well. I am sure you have heard that last name in the NFL in the past, as well as currently.
    I see what you are saying, but with all these 5 star prospects, when are they going to start paying off? I would have expected some payoff by now. It seems like the team he took over was better than the team he has now. Which is not what I expected.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Herbstreit covers this topic very well. The idea that Harbaugh or Jimbo Fisher is under delivering is asinine.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21158745
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    You're showing your ignorance. While I would love to see Peter's play, what good would it do to put him on the field only to break him like happened with Gardner. If the O-Line is a turnstile, then putting in a new QB only breaks the new one. Look at the PSU game. O'Korn played well, but he was under constant barrage from PSU's D-Line. I would think this week against Rutgers we will see Peter's. And again, if those players aren't hurt, the MSU games changes drastically. You seem to forget that UM gifted the ball 5 times to MSU and they barely won. What does that say about the coaching on your side of the field?

This isn't to say there aren't coaching problems, but it's not with Harbaugh. I want to see the OC and O-Line coaches replaced at the end of this year.
    So put those 5 star OL in the game. Or can't they beat out the starting five that block no one. MSU rotates 8-9 guys in during the season. It's time for Michigan to start rotating those players in or stop making excuses for the 5 star flops.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Swifster View Post
    Jesus and Drevno cost Michigan the game(s) against MSU. Whose bright idea was it to call pass play after pass play in a monsoon. It certain wasn't O'Korn calling audibles at the line of scrimmage! Who forgot to call for max protection on the punt that cost them another game against us. The great Harbaugh was out-coached both games. Lack of Style keeps posting about Michigan's recruiting. Michigan has out recruited us every year Dantonio has been at MSU (so say the recruiting rags) and yet MSU has won 80% of the games against Arrogance State.

Go reread your post along with Jack Ass Style and keep finding excuses. 'Our team is so young...boo hoo hoo'. What garbage. THIS is why no one around the country likes Michigan. Let's call a spade a spade... Your coach just sucks ass. Harbaugh has the greatest QB in the country riding pine behind Larry, Moe and Curley. Either the QB can play or he can't. HE lost the game against MSU and the entire Southern Michigan roster was completely unprepared for Penn St. Get your tickets now! Only two more chances to watch the Skunkbears getting creamed by Wisconsin and Ohio State. The greatest and best...What a fucking joke!
    :rofl: you're unstable at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by Swifster View Post
    So put those 5 star OL in the game. Or can't they beat out the starting five that block no one. MSU rotates 8-9 guys in during the season. It's time for Michigan to start rotating those players in or stop making excuses for the 5 star flops.
    Again, you don't know what you're talking about. OL average stars across the entire team is 2.8. Of those, there are 2 red shirts which are a 3 and a 4 star. Outside of that, a 4 star is injured. Removing those, the average star rating for the OL is 2.35. We've brought in some better talent, but the one area that Hoke absolutely sucked at was the O-line recruiting and the rest are at best sophomores with little in the way of play time under their belt. So again, you take away the leading receiver, LT, and QB (Even as shaky as he was, you saw from last year that he had it in him, so it was a matter of getting him confident again) and this is what you get. If you look at advanced stats, Harbaugh overachieved through his first 2 years. The idea that he's a bad coach is strictly spewed by people who either don't understand football, or that are just jealous. Spartans are typically just jealous of what UM has, so we'll assume for now that that's the situation with you.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Thread Information