Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 - 2018 college football

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Bumping up. 3 weeks out.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Bumping up. 3 weeks out.
    What we really need to bump is Mark's thread. Classic fartan.

LOL did you see the write up MGOBLOG did on their opponent watch series for MSU?

http://mgoblog.com/content/opponent-...ew-part-1#more

Last year:
    3-9 (1-8 B1G), no bowl but retained dignity
    Recap: To break the fourth wall, dear reader, let me bring you into my living room. I sit here with a Bell’s Two Hearted in hand. My fingers have been hovering over the keyboard for several minutes. No words have come. No snark. No jokes. No pity. Nothing. I've got nothing.
    Michigan State’s 2016 season and subsequent offseason were so impossibly cataclysmic that even now, 49 weeks removed from their struggling opening win over Furman, I still can’t fully grasp the thing. This was Michigan State as Icarus flying too close to the couch fire. It was Lockheed Martin programming an entire Big Ten football program in feet instead of meters. It was Captain Smith ramming a defending B1G Champion and College Football Playoff semifinalist directly into an iceberg as a string quartet played “Nearer My Brah To Thee.”
    Surely I need not recount Sparty’s failures to you, but for convention requires that I do so anyway. They lost nine games. They lost an assistant and 5% of their scholarship players (including the cream of their best recruiting class in years) to unspeakably unpleasant criminal situations. On national signing day alone they lost one target to South Alabama, another target to a walk-on slot at Northwestern, and a commit to felony charges. They lost another half-dozen projected starters or contributors to, and I quote, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    It’s hard to even identify the low point; on the field, it was proooooobably the loss to Illinois, though the four week stretch with losses to Indiana, BYU, Northwestern, and Maryland may be cumulatively worse. Meanwhile, the off-field stuff rivals any series of player-specific calamities I can recall for a single school. The only thing comparable was the fate that befell Mr. Burns' softball team.
    But other than that, things are looking up in East Lansing.
    When last we saw them:
    This team is as frightening as: Hoooo boy. This is a dilemma. If this was an identical set of circumstances, returning talent and coaching at, say, Minnesota, they would be like a Fear Level 3. But out of sheer reflexive fear of reviving the #Disrespekt Monster, I’ll say Fear Level = 5
    Michigan should worry about: LJ Scott ran for 139 yards on 22 carries against Michigan last year, and you will recall that those were definitely not garbage time carries.
    Michigan can sleep soundly about: Michigan State registered eleven sacks last year. Eleven. That is one more than Michigan got from guys named Taco.
    When they play Michigan:

First game: vs. Bowling Green, noon, ESPNU
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Michigan landed a pair of 5 star DL recruits for 2018 this week
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

We're getting close! 2 weeks and the fun starts.

Where are all the shit talkers? Swift? Smooth? Hangem? you all get lost?
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Should be a good season for both UM and OSU. I'm curious to see how the off-season changes work for the Buckeyes. UM has a few question marks, but I'm sure they'll field the same tough squad that we're getting used to. I'm still not sure where I got the "shit-talker" tag....

Because you do talk shit. Not as blatantly stupid as some, but you do talk it. We all do.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

Big games this week. Predictions...

OSU 42 IU 17
    UM 24 UF 17
    Bama 35 FSU 14
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

And we're off and running to the best time of the year....Gonna be an interesting season!

I think Michigan starts slow with the young class of players, but then get it dialed against Cin, AF, and Purdue.

These players, while young, are hand picked to fit Harbaugh's system. They will be good this year, but they will be nat'l champ contenders next season.

vs FL - L
    vs Cin - W
    vs Air Force - W
    @ Purdue - W
    vs MSU - W
    @ IN - W
    @ PSU - W
    vs Rut - W
    vs Min - W
    @ MD - W
    @ WI - L
    vs OSU - W