Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Project Car

Forum Member

Default Stolen Project Car

Hey all,

I'm asking for help in spreading the word on locating my stolen car and any tips on how to track a stolen project car.
    Stolen out of a garage in the daytime in Flint.
    Sometime between late Dec and early Jan.
    The one witness said he saw 2 caucasian males loading the car on a trailer.

Thanks for help sharing this. It was a car I found and purchased a year ago to become a surprise restoration for my sister.

Best description:

65 fastback mustang, roller project car, had an extra hood, 2 front fenders(1 is blue) and 1 rear quarter. Front windshield is inside the car and cracked. Vin number is barely legible. Unfortunately, I purchased it and shoved it into storage to worry about titling it later. The driver side fastback vent is not attached, it is inside the car.
    The hood does not close properly, the struts are messed up.
    There is a missing driver side tail light housing, missing passenger reverse light.
    Chrome bumpers are inside the car, along with various other interior parts and fenders.
    It was an automatic car.
    Its rolling on 3 donuts and 1 full size wheel. It does not roll easy, as the brakes were siezed.
    Main color is red, sprinkled with rust and white.
    There is no front fascia.

Thanks
    Matt

Will keep an eye out I'm usually around alo of areas of the Flint area. I live just 2 exits west of 75 of 69. What area of flint was it stolen from?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by streetracinflint View Post
    Will keep an eye out I'm usually around alo of areas of the Flint area. I live just 2 exits west of 75 of 69. What area of flint was it stolen from?
    Thanks, it was near Clio rd at Pierson

Forum Member

Clio Road and Pierson went down the crapper when they tore down the A & W there. (I played little league baseball at Selby.) I'll keep an eye out. Are you thinking it was someone living in the neighborhood who knew the car was there?

I would definitely look into the first ad here. The trunk lid looks the same color underneath where it wasnt sanded. Id contact the police about the top ad.
    Last edited by coolymcoolster; 03-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Forum Member

yea, very few knew it was there. So i assume a neighbor or kid cutting lawns tipped off his buddies

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolymcoolster View Post
    I would definitely look into the first ad here. The trunk lid looks the same color underneath where it wasnt sanded. Id contact the police about the top ad.
    def gonna see if its mine. Filed a report, but I dont have much hope for the department giving a damn. Filing a freedom of info act to see if I can access the camera footage at the highway intersection for 75north.

My old neighbor took his Dad to the Hospital (He lives in Lapeer, down a two track) for scheduled surgery..... when he brought his Dad home several days later his 1968 Road Runner (that I sold him) was flatbed-ed out from behind his home... rear end was removed, motor out, at the time it was buried in snow. ..... had to be a inside job.

Like in your theft, someone knew it was there and was watching.....waiting.

Those are some good photos.... maybe someone will see it.

Thread Information