Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Security cam / DVR help for a noob

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I might hit you up... let me see how this install goes
    Alright, I 7 bullet style and 5 dome style.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default Security cam / DVR help for a noob

Finally got cracking on this today... tested a few of them out in the living room and then on with what I knew would suck... running cables.

Old house with a cramped attic, one person and one ladder. I moved that ladder from the corner or the house to the attic access (have to climb a ladder and go through a hole in the garage ceiling) about 49 times. Five hours, two trips to the hardware store and one trip to Best Buy later... I have one camera installed! It's pretty stealthy, as it blends in with the overhangs. Happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Default Security cam / DVR help for a noob

My old LCD TV wouldn't recognize the camera, so I ran to Best Buy and snagged a 32" Vizio. No idea where it's going to end up, so it's on my workbench in the garage for now

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    I bought this set up last year when they offered a 16 channel DVR. It works pretty well with a Defender app with playback and record. Caught a fox talking a shit on my driveway last month when I thought it was the neighbors dog.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defender-...1111/203688267

This is from the app on my phone, the TV in HD looks more clear.

Attachment 81195

Phew

Thought you caught me shitting on the deck!!

I did get a cool picture of the bikes from the attic

Cool

My old LCD TV wouldn't recognize the camera, so I ran to Best Buy and snagged a 32" Vizio. No idea where it's going to end up, so it's on my workbench in the garage for now

I'll wave when I ride by

Also, I just ran to the gas station for some duct tape... because I may or may not have drilled through the roof.

Gonna rain tonight, so I had to. temporary fix got the house looking all downriver

Forum Member

Finally got cracking on this today... tested a few of them out in the living room and then on with what I knew would suck... running cables.

Old house with a cramped attic, one person and one ladder. I moved that ladder from the corner or the house to the attic access (have to climb a ladder and go through a hole in the garage ceiling) about 49 times. Five hours, two trips to the hardware store and one trip to Best Buy later... I have one camera installed! It's pretty stealthy, as it blends in with the overhangs. Happy about that.

Looks good. Why did you need to hit the hardware store and Best Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2slow View Post
    Looks good. Why did you need to hit the hardware store and Best Buy?
    First I needed a bigger drill bit.... then the flashing for my underhang had about a 4" gap up to the actual roof... so the screws provided weren't long enough. They would have been just hanging by the flashing. I wanted them anchored into the wood. I also bought some copper tubing and ran the screws through it between the flashing and the wood, so it was sturdy and not pinching the flashing up.

Went to Best Buy for the TV to use as my monitor. I only have the one camera running right now and it's not connected to the internet/cloud yet. I am going to need a longer Ethernet cable to connect to DVR to my router... thats tomorrow's tasks. Mount and wire the other three and get it online

Caught these punks in my back yard... Had the AR loaded and ready for target practice before the police showed up

https://youtu.be/qZoSrgdjeqk
    SAL

Thread Information