Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Security cam / DVR help for a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Caught these punks in my back yard... Had the AR loaded and ready for target practice before the police showed up

https://youtu.be/qZoSrgdjeqk
    Holy hell! How many damn people come on your property at night!? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by camaromann View Post
    Holy hell! How many damn people come on your property at night!? Wtf
    There was a total of three guys. Something spooked them on the other side of the wall when you first see them jumping.... they came back and the cops must've scared them and came running back again... what's funny is you see them jump the fence in my backyard and 2 feet away from them is an open gate, you can see the police officer walked through there... cops say they were probably breaking into cars for change at the apartment complex... they start up breaking in the cars next thing you know they are breaking into houses
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    There was a total of three guys. Something spooked them on the other side of the wall when you first see them jumping.... they came back and the cops must've scared them and came running back again... what's funny is you see them jump the fence in my backyard and 2 feet away from them is an open gate, you can see the police officer walked through there... cops say they were probably breaking into cars for change at the apartment complex... they start up breaking in the cars next thing you know they are breaking into houses
    Let's hope the 3 of them either get smart today, or get ventilated in the near future. There is no telling how far people/criminals are willing to go when they are in the moment with fear and adrenaline pumping. Not to mention add drug addiction/withdrawal to that combo and they become a complete wild card. Hope that's the last you see them.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Nice work there, Sal! Did the cops actually catch them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I got the other three installed and wired. Off to get my Ethernet cable

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I am kinda done. Cameras are hooked up, installed, online, streaming and recording and viewable on my phone and iPad. Two days of attic crawling, dirty and sore, etc. But it's alive!

(Still have to decide in a final spot for the NVR/monitor and hide the cables that are just hanging in the garage, but that's later)

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Nice work there, Sal! Did the cops actually catch them?
    No.. cops didnt get them... they have to live behind me somewhere.. I'll be ready next time! I set up my dvr to email me between 12am and 5am if the cameras detect any movement in my back yard.
    I ran my cables next to my down spouts down to my basement. I just drilled through my mortar and ran my wires through my basement ceiling.... then I have a splitter for one monitor in the basement and the other monitor upstairs.
    I knew the attic wasn't going to be good especially since I just put on new blown in insulation up there.
    SAL

Here's another video where a police officer pulled over a person a block over....well because of warrants the person took off and ran....my cameras caught that too..
    Little grainy. I taped my monitor from my cell phone

https://youtu.be/ljQ_wPes0LA
    SAL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I got the other three installed and wired. Off to get my Ethernet cable

Looking good.

Turn the cameras so only a little bit of the wall shows. The night vision reflects off the wall and looks like shit.

Camera 1, Im not sure how good camera will be at night if the night vision reflects off the window.

Camera 3, turn it a little off the wall, might have same issue with with night vision

Camera 4, again, might have night vision issue with it reflecting off wall and soffit

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2slow View Post
    Looking good.

Turn the cameras so only a little bit of the wall shows. The night vision reflects off the wall and looks like shit.

Camera 1, Im not sure how good camera will be at night if the night vision reflects off the window.

Camera 3, turn it a little off the wall, might have same issue with with night vision

Camera 4, again, might have night vision issue with it reflecting off wall and soffit
    Yep, you were right... I'll be out tomorrow moving them outward

Thread Information