Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage Floor coverings

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Default Garage Floor coverings

The new house has a 3 car garage. in my last house, we had a 2 car garage that we used the Rustoleum Epoxy with the flecks in it which we round wasn't that great in durability (Hot tire peel was bad). I would like to do something for the new garage as well and found that Rustoleum now has a product called RockSolid. It's much more expensive. To do my 3 car garage I'm likely looking at it costing almost $800 compared to $300 if I do the epoxy we used last time. My concern is that there are plenty of complaints that this new rocksolid scratches very easily and is susceptible to hot tire peel as well. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there something else you'd recommend?

The product I purchase in my first house: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...1246/206479009
    The product I'm seeing that is supposedly better, but people are complaining about: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...9745/206431062

Example of the problems I'm seeing.

'13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Some don't seem to have a problem with it though

'13 Dodge Charger R/T

'13 Dodge Charger R/T

Mine is done in race deck. I love it. Never cold. Everything wipes off it and easy to install. The garage where I store the other car is done too. No floor sweating in the spring. Great stuff. The only con is you can't weld on it, and you need a plate under Jack stands to spread the load or they will mark. I did the paint thing for years and nothing stuck correctly regardless of how it was done.
    IMG_2989.JPG

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

more info than you will ever need

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=20
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Go to a PPG dealer and ask about their 2-part industrial epoxy floor coating. All their product numbers have changed and the numbers I have no longer show up in their system.
    I did mine like 14 years ago and never had a hot-tire stick. Not one. Sure it's got some stains, weld burns, and a couple of chips, but it has NOT been babied! The only thing that has hurt it was battery acid that sat there for a week without me knowing it. and all that did was stain it.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Club Member

I used a polyurea and I'm not real happy after a year. I don't think I'd try another one again. I did grind the floor before putting it down with a diamabrush wheel on a home depot rental.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Have the concrete polished and you will never have to worry about it again.

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    That's where I was reading up on most of this including finding the product listed above. I'm looking at a budget of $1000 and the 3 car garage is about 650 sq ft.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

I think it is all in the prep. When I did my garage I went to home depot and rented a diamond grinder, then power washed it three times. It had the texture of a pumice stone when I was done. Sometimes I hear the Camaro tires sticking, but they never pull anything up. That diamond grinder will kick your ass if you have never used one before, so be careful or hire someone.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information