Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RoadKill Nights 2017

In the last issue of Roadkill Magazine, one of the "from the editor" articles mentioned that there would be Roadkill Nights again on Aug 12 and I think I remember it also saying there will be racing on Woodward again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    thye should do a demolition derby in the Silverdome lot....take out some of those TDi's sitting there. or maybe a monster truck show...
    I second this!!
    Past Toys: 88 Dakota SE / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby Shadow CSX-T / 95 Taurus SHO / 92 Capri XR2 / 86 Mustang GT.

Current Ride: 2018 Ford Focus SEL Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    All of my issues were pre-consumption, but they definitely lead to consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    In the last issue of Roadkill Magazine, one of the "from the editor" articles mentioned that there would be Roadkill Nights again on Aug 12 and I think I remember it also saying there will be racing on Woodward again.
    Glad to hear it will happen. A few weeks back they had something on their website about Roadkill Nights being canceled due to the Ziptie Drags.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Club Member

I'm surprised to hear this will happen. An exec buddy of mine at FCA said it was decided that 2017 would be a different location even before the 2016 event took place due to all the difficulties and general cluster situation. I'm gonna see what he can tell me about this one.

When I get home I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the article or at least double check the info.

I too was very pissed off about the cluster of a parking situation last year. Waited over an hour ended up over heating and saying screw it. Parked down the street and walked in. May try it out again this year because like anything thing a bad car event is better then no car event.

Looks like it's $10 per person this year so maybe that will help keep the crowd smaller. Also, it's $100 for the car show. That's some expensive VIP parking lol.

**Link to tickets and regrestration**
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge Returns to Woodward Avenue for a Second Year

On August 12, Roadkill Nights returns to the M1 Concourse in Pontiac, MI with drag races, a first-ever celebrity showdown, thrill rides, show ‘n’ shine, dyno runs, and all the stars of Roadkill
    Spectator tickets and participant vehicle registration is open)

You keep asking, and here is the answer. Yes. Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge is back, and yes, there were be drag racing, car shows, thrill rides, dyno tests, and lots of Freiburger and Finnegan and Mike Musto and Roadkill cars. Also, come see the new Dodge Demon. That’s one of the benefits to being friends with Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA, North America. His powers are as massive as his title, and he might let us drive an 840hp Demon for your entertainment.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon combines the best of both mechanical and electronic tuning to deliver maximum launch force while still maintaining precision directional control.

If you missed Roadkill Nights last year, it was truly insane, with six-second drag cars spinning tires from stoplight to stoplight. If you that doesn’t give you some idea of the barely-legal feel of the night, how about this: We kept having to hold the drag races whenever the train was going through the staging lanes. And it’s back, so you don’t have to miss out again.

Registration is now open for Roadkill Nights–which drew in 30,000-plus fans last year. Spectators will pay $10 per person—$5 per person for Pontiac residents ($5 price available on-site only)—and children 12 and under are free. Stay tuned for registration details for the drag racing component; we have an exciting revised format we will be releasing information on shortly!

302-Roadkill vs Musto Challenger Daytona Roadkill Nights

If you don’t want to race, take a Dodge Thrill Ride, breathe in the cacklefest fumes, marvel at the wheelstander exhibition runs, test your car against a dyno, or just park at the show ‘n’ shine, and go watch the action. There will be plenty of family-friendly activities including bouncy inflatables and face-painting, an entertainment stage; and an eclectic offering of food and beverages, including that Roadkill rescue-from-family-friendly-activities beverage: beer.

Roadkill Nights Powered By Dodge will also include a first-ever celebrity showdown with plans for David Freiburger, Mike Finnegan, Leah Pritchett, Matt Hagen, and Mike Musto to get behind the wheel. Leading the races will be Freiburger and Finnegan, “Roadkill Nights brings ROADKILL to life and allows our fans to participate,” says Freiburger.

521-Roadkill vs Musto Challenger Daytona Roadkill Nights

If you’ve somehow read this far without getting the idea, Roadkill Nights is back, and you can sign up now. Open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., the August 12 Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge event includes thrill rides in Dodge Viper, Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, Charger SRT Hellcat, and maybe even Dodge Demons, a show ‘n’ shine area, dyno runs, manufacturer midway, ROADKILL stunts, and exhibitions, as well as live music, food trucks, family entertainment, and much more. Drag racing and Dodge Thrill rides will be happening from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

ROADKILL NIGHTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION

General admission to the event is $10 per person—$5 per person for Pontiac residents ($5 price available on-site only)—and children 12 and under are free.
    Last edited by chunkybs; 06-26-2017 at 12:47 PM.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    Looks like it's $10 per person this year, and $100 for the car show. That's some expensive VIP parking lol.
    I don't see many people who follow Roadkill to pay $100 to park and get a T-shirt...

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    I don't see many people who follow Roadkill to pay $100 to park and get a T-shirt...
    I agree. The only real benefit IMO is not having to walk to M1 from wherever you park.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Thread Information