Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody sell composite decking? Recommendations?

Default Anybody sell composite decking? Recommendations?

Looking to resurface my deck. Can anyone recommend a brand that has been proven over time? So many mixed reviews online... Not looking for top of the line grade, budget doesn't allow it. Entry or mid grade level. Been looking at Fiberon & Trex.

Can anybody offer a Motown discount? Looks like I will be needing 85 12' boards.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by painlessauto; 05-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Forum Member

I rebuilt my deck a couple years ago with Timbertech Legacy. So far, I have been happy with it. Easy to work with and still looks good. I bought from Chelsea Lumber and their price for this was better than some of the other stores with more basic lines of Trex, etc. We also liked the look of the Timbertech better. I had also looked at Fiberon, but where I was looking, the selection was limited on colors that didn't work for us.

Following as I'll need to do this as well.

I have Azek brand boards that I bought from Chelsea lumber in 2014. No complaints as of now. It has a texture so it isn't slippery when wet.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

After much research I have decided on Fiberon decking using their Phantom GT hidden hardware.

Come back and update us please. I'll be looking to completely replace my deck in the next couple years, too.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

From what I can gather, the fasteners are as important as the decking material. Have not researched it.

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Hmm, paying attention. My deck NEEDS a lot of attention and I may just replace all of the decking.... So not looking forward to that material bill.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

My deck is 450 sq/ft. Looking at $3800 for mid-grage Fiberon with hidden fasteners. Top of the line Fiberon is $1200 more. Price does not include railing. Expensive stuff....

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by painlessauto View Post
    My deck is 450 sq/ft. Looking at $3800 for mid-grage Fiberon with hidden fasteners. Top of the line Fiberon is $1200 more. Price does not include railing. Expensive stuff....
    Holy crap! I have 1200-1500 sq ft of decking/stairs out there. OUCH!!!!! Here's hoping for another bonus next year. Or I will have to start replacing it in sections. Is it cheaper with visible fasteners? I could care less if you see screws. It's a deck. i just don't want to have to worry about the wood splintering and anyone or my dogs catching a splinter in the foot.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Thread Information