Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The universal minibike info/build/picture/parts thread.

Club Member

You guys suck. Now I want a minibike!

70... YIKES!
    What risers/handlebars are those?
    I restored the front wheel, came out ok I guess, ordered the air cleaner kit with the larger jets.

My particular bike is a Monster Moto MMB80, you can get them for $400ish new with a 79cc 2.5 hp engine. Stock, it couldn't get out of it's own way and took a good block or so to hit 20mph. I got it from a friend of mine who bought it for his daughter, but she was scared of it so he gave it to me. Then I bought a Predator and started messing around and now we have this monster. It's a larger bike than your typical Ruttman, tires are 16" high.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    You guys suck. Now I want a minibike!
    It's a lot like messing with a car, just on a way smaller scale. As I put it to Justin, "way cheaper and no back ache from leaning under an open hood" lol
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Was behind a couple of these on Woodward a few years back and started doing some research. Figured this would be a good way to slow the car mod game down.
    Its an 08 Honda Ruckus that's been chopped, dropped and stretched with a fatty rear tire setup. Originally a 49cc, now has a GY6 150cc punched out with a big bore kit to 180cc (4 Stroke). Lots of billet and custom stuff all over. I've got a motorcycle plate on it and have taken it to work a few times. Ride all day with a $5. It'll do 70mph give or take.

-Jake
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Prochrgd1 View Post
    Was behind a couple of these on Woodward a few years back and started doing some research. Figured this would be a good way to slow the car mod game down.
    Its an 08 Honda Ruckus that's been chopped, dropped and stretched with a fatty rear tire setup. Originally a 49cc, now has a GY6 150cc punched out with a big bore kit to 180cc (4 Stroke). Lots of billet and custom stuff all over. I've got a motorcycle plate on it and have taken it to work a few times. Ride all day with a $5. It'll do 70mph give or take.

-Jake
    That thing is cool! Here are my "mini" bikes.

Fucking rain. Got the bigger jets in the carb and higher stall springs in the clutch and now I want to ride. It was running too lean with the head ported so I had to get bigger jets. Should run like a scalded cat now.
    Last edited by Tin; 05-25-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

We need some video of that thing in action.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Fucking rain. Got the bigger jets in the carb and higher stall springs in the clutch and now I want to ride. It was running too lean with the head ported so I had to get bigger jets. Should run like a scalded cat now.
    We need videos!!

I can't figure out the carb on the yellow bike.. Seems it would be simple, but it only runs with the choke slightly on and if I try to hold the throttle in one spot at idle it wants to stall.

Thread Information