Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Sad news for MotoGP/SBK fans

  1. #1
    Club Member DetroitStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Sad news for MotoGP/SBK fans

    Nicky Hayden (the last American to win a MotoGP championship in 2006) has been involved in a serious accident. He was hit by a car while training on his bicycle. He's in a medically induced coma with his mother and fiancÚ en route to the hospital in Italy. They have reportedly been told to "be prepared to make some very difficult decisions".

    https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/20...njuries-motogp




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

  2. #2
    Club Member 4Gas$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    8,118

    Default

    Always my fear when I'm biking, I've had a few close calls.

    Last year a friend was killed riding his bike.

    I hope he heals up soon!

  3. #3
    Club Member DetroitStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Sad news for MotoGP/SBK fans

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Always my fear when I'm biking, I've had a few close calls.

    Last year a friend was killed riding his bike.

    I hope he heals up soon!
    Honestly, having done some distance running, I thought about doing a triathlon.... but seeing the way cars were when I was running, I have serious concerns about riding a road bicycle... at least when I'm running, I can run against traffic and watch the cars. The thought of riding a road bike with cars flying past from behind me.... no thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

  4. #4
    Club Member hangemhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rivalry Czar
    Posts
    12,269

    Default

    I've logged 1000's of miles on my Cannondale over the years, but haven't done much open road riding for 5~ years or so. Too many idiots out there to risk it. Sadly, the stationary at the Y is a poor substitute for fresh air and the wind in your face.

    Sounds pretty bleak for Nicky...Hope he catches a miracle.

  5. #5
    Club Member 4Gas$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    8,118

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    I've logged 1000's of miles on my Cannondale over the years, but haven't done much open road riding for 5~ years or so. Too many idiots out there to risk it. Sadly, the stationary at the Y is a poor substitute for fresh air and the wind in your face.

    Sounds pretty bleak for Nicky...Hope he catches a miracle.

    Lets meet at Cabela's & bike west towards Tecumseh, its a nice ride.

    I'm almost done setting up my new Trex. You know you want / need

    to get out there - so move it parts boy!



    Todays Ride.jpg

  6. #6
    Club Sponsor 347convert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canton
    Posts
    6,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Lets meet at Cabela's & bike west towards Tecumseh, its a nice ride.

    I'm almost done setting up my new Trex. You know you want / need

    to get out there - so move it parts boy!



    Todays Ride.jpg
    I was just gifted the highest end steel trek road bike from the 90s I have no idea what to do with it lol.

  7. #7
    Club Member 4Gas$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    8,118

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I was just gifted the highest end steel trek road bike from the 90s I have no idea what to do with it lol.


    Ride the ever loving wheels off that bad boy!!!


    The early to mid 1990's were some of the best bikes ever made.

  8. #8
    Club Sponsor 347convert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canton
    Posts
    6,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Ride the ever loving wheels off that bad boy!!!


    The early to mid 1990's were some of the best bikes ever made.
    I've got way to many bikes.. I've got a 29'r single speed with disk brakes I ride the most.

  9. #9
    Club Member DetroitStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Sad news for MotoGP/SBK fans

    EDIT: Nothing confirmed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 05-19-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

  10. #10
    Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Terrible news, I was hoping for the best when I heard about this on Wednesday. I just watched him race in WSB last Sunday. I've followed his career since his AMA days.

    Rest in Peace Kentucky Kid #69.......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •