Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad news for MotoGP/SBK fans

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Lets meet at Cabela's & bike west towards Tecumseh, its a nice ride.

I'm almost done setting up my new Trex. You know you want / need

to get out there - so move it parts boy!

Just my trusty old Cannondale SR1000. State of the art aluminum frame, in '86, and still rides great today. I'd be up for a ride sometime.

0623131227.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I have been told that he has passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for jacking your thread, Mike. Sad news for sure....

Club Member

Seeing stuff online stating Nicky has not passed.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...ies-fake-news/

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

I am seeing conflicting reports. Hoping that it was just BS and he's still fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Dude has gone 200 mph inchs from other motorcycles going the same speed. Taken turns at high speed basically scrapping his knee. Probably crashed many times.....and simply going for a bike ride gets hit by a car. Fucking sucks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Dude has gone 200 mph inchs from other motorcycles going the same speed. Taken turns at high speed basically scrapping his knee. Probably crashed many times.....and simply going for a bike ride gets hit by a car. Fucking sucks.
    So true.

15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

No report on Nicky Hayden's official website : https://nickyhayden.com/

But there is on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Hayden

"On May 17, 2017, Hayden was hit by a car while riding his bicycle in Rimini, Italy. The crash occurred at the intersection of Ca' Raffaelli and Tavoleto. Hayden was traveling west on Ca' Raffaelli when he was struck by a car as he entered the street to cross Tavoleto. The driver of the car stated that he was on his way to work when Hayden passed through a Stop sign and suddenly appeared in front of him. He was unable to avoid a collision. The speed of the driver is not yet known but the impact of Hayden slamming into the windshield was strong enough to completely shatter it and dent down the roof of the car. Hayden's bicycle was found in the nearby ditch with its frame snapped in half.

Hayden was taken to Rimini hospital with severe injuries. At 6:00 p.m., four hours after the accident, Rimini hospital staff announced that he had been moved to the major trauma unit at the Maurizio Bufalini Hospital in Cesena for possible surgery. It was widely reported by mainstream media that Hayden was put into a medically-induced coma for surgery, which is not the case according to Hayden's father Earl. Nicky was never placed into a coma nor has he received any surgery as his condition is too severe to operate. Hayden sustained a traumatic brain injury as well as a broken femur, broken pelvis, and multiple fractured vertebrae. As of May 19, he is currently on life support and his current condition is described as critical with a guarded prognosis."

N. H. -.JPG

Definitely ironic when one safely rides a superbike at near 200 MPH with ease and then is taken out while riding a bicycle on an afternoon stroll.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Sad situation for sure.

I live in the "country" with dirt roads that are a mess of pot holes. We have people that ride these roads all the time. I often want to stop and ask them why they are choosing to put their lives in the hands of idiots. These roads are a mess and most drive at or near the speed limit(55mph), there is no way I'd ever trust my life to the moron blasting over pot holes while texting or talking on their phones along with yelling at their kids in the back seat. I understand and agree they have every right to share the roads with us but I simply can not put that level of trust into the people driving cars. Do they not drive cars everyday and see how poor distracted people drive??
    84 Mustang Coupe

Thread Information