Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good meat market in Macomb township?

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Default Good meat market in Macomb township?

I found a recipe for beef ribs I want to try on the smoker, but the meat market we go to (Bozeks) usually doesn't have them. Any suggestions?
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Steiners at 12 and Ryan, Boffs on 10 between Hoover and Van Dyke, or Mario's on 10 just west of 94. All 3 are very good. Mario is a pretty cool guy, 90 years old and still goes to work every day. His sons are the butchers.

EDIT: Oops, I read that wrong, I thought you said Macomb County. Either way, those are still worth checking out.
    '16 Fiesta ST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/m...ty-meat-market

Hollywood markets always has some pretty premium meats

I meant Macomb county, within reason to Sterling heights. I gonna have my smoker going all weekend. I did a pork shoulder Sunday, it was fantastic!
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

I'm doing ribs and smoked beans Saturday, going to hit one of the 3 markets tomorrow and pick up a few racks. I need to get some lump charcoal and wood chunks too, lots of running tomorrow.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I'm doing ribs and smoked beans Saturday, going to hit one of the 3 markets tomorrow and pick up a few racks. I need to get some lump charcoal and wood chunks too, lots of running tomorrow.
    Every now & then Meijer/Home Depot/Lowe's has Kingsford charcoal on sale. Two 20lb bags for 10 bucks. I stocked up last fall and bought like 120 lbs. And there's a carpenter two doors down from my shop who's mom has an orchard or something, so he's always giving me different wood chunks to try. Cherry & hickory are my favorite, then apple, then oak & maple. It also depends on the meat.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    Every now & then Meijer/Home Depot/Lowe's has Kingsford charcoal on sale. Two 20lb bags for 10 bucks. I stocked up last fall and bought like 120 lbs. And there's a carpenter two doors down from my shop who's mom has an orchard or something, so he's always giving me different wood chunks to try. Cherry & hickory are my favorite, then apple, then oak & maple. It also depends on the meat.
    Try the lump charcoal from GFS, it's hunks of charred oak. It burns hotter and leaves a lot less ash behind, so cleanup is way easier.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Try the lump charcoal from GFS, it's hunks of charred oak. It burns hotter and leaves a lot less ash behind, so cleanup is way easier.
    Will do.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

I get mine from Vince n joes on Garfield and 18.

Hefflings at Crocker and Harper.

http://heflingsamishfarmarket.com/

Thread Information