Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fun Neighbor Thread

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    If they keep laying shit on your fence let me come over and I'll reach over and push all their shit over...
    Not enough room between the garage and fence. My friend was just asking me what all of the propane tanks were for. I originally thought they just stole the tanks and cart from a gas station and he said they are probably making Meth...Hmmmm, never thought of that and it is probably true...

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    probably making Meth....
    I'd put money on it. Coolers, propane tanks, no surprise. Does it smell like ammonia back there?
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Looks like they need a "free scrap" ad put on craigslist with their address letting people know "I just bought the house and need it cleaned up before the city fines me. Wife is home with newborn, please do not knock or ring and wake baby. If it's on the ground it has to go. Take any scrap metal you want, anything still here sunday is getting thrown in the trash."

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    Looks like they need a "free scrap" ad put on craigslist with their address letting people know "I just bought the house and need it cleaned up before the city fines me. Wife is home with newborn, please do not knock or ring and wake baby. If it's on the ground it has to go. Take any scrap metal you want, anything still here sunday is getting thrown in the trash."
    I'll double dare you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    Hmmmmm, never thought of that...I would have absolutely done that, had I not received an "E" mail back from the city so quickly. But, if nothing is done within a couple of weeks, I WILL do this.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Alright...I actually just "E" mailed the Troy Code Enforcement guy...Lets see what happens...

Probably too wordy, but I have never really complained to the city about them...Maybe just once or twice and it was a long time ago.

Mr. Evans,

I have lived at 6955 Vernmoor for 29 years now. I finally got tired of the neighbors behind me constantly riding their bikes or driving their go karts thru my back yard to gain access to my sub (Glenmoor Estates) so after 24 years, I finally got a permit and put up a privacy fence, not because I wanted to, but because I HAD to. I was hoping they would change after all of their surrounding neighbors had asked them to quiet down and respect one another’s property. Two years after I put up my fence, both of his next door neighbors also put a fence up to stop the constant barking of their 4 dogs and their dis-respect of everyone else’s property.

Since the City of Troy doesn’t respond to barking dog or animal complaints in general, it gives people free reign to do what they want regarding animals.

While the shooting, firecrackers, large yard fires, dog barking and trash being thrown into my yard hasn’t really stopped, we don’t notice it as much due to the fence. This is still a constant thing with them and it goes on at all hours of the night. They have recently hooked up a police/fire siren to one of their vehicles and now also run that at all hours. Last year the fire department came out to their house on 2 separate occasions at night due to the large open fires in the yard and burning embers going everywhere.

Over the past weekend we redid some edging around our large tree near the fence. While clearing out some of the sod and laying down fresh cedar chips around the trees, we noticed rats/mice scurrying about coming from the neighbor’s yard. This really isn’t the first time we’ve noticed them, but since we were working in the area for a few days straight, it was a lot worse than expected.

Is there any way you can get them to remove their trash and garbage from alongside and behind their garage? That and their trash leaning up against the fence is causing it to bow. The other times I’ve asked them to do something, they totally ignore my request and make life worse. Please look at the attached pictures….Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you….
    The old bat (rat?) signal Puts the city into kill mode like a champ. I had to call on somebody recently for putting piles of peanuts out to feed birds and squirrels. Sure way to draw in the vermin.

'16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ReiKo View Post
    I'll double dare you...
    i second this hahahaha

Cool

I hope you attached those photos of blight / trash along with your
    letter to the city. Secondly, I wouldn't reference the long time annoyance
    you've had with your neighbors, stick to the facts, ordinances & blight issues.

(I'm a former township department head, who worked a little with
    ordinances & blight issues.)

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I hope you attached those photos of blight / trash along with your
    letter to the city. Secondly, I wouldn't reference the long time annoyance
    you've had with your neighbors, stick to the facts, ordinances & blight issues.

(I'm a former township department head, who worked a little with
    ordinances & blight issues.)
    Well, I did attach the pics and the letter above is what I sent to them already. Everything was factual and he has already replied. Why shouldn't I bring up what a pain in the ass they've been for the 29 years I've lived here? I haven't been calling the city 20 times a year and they have to know what I've put up with and enough is enough. The 2 previous times I've complained went nowhere so I gave up 15 years ago...

It does need to stop at some time. I really didn't want to put the fence up, I really didn't, but THEY forced me to.....Dogs constantly getting loose, multiple kids running around in shitty, wet diapers playing in the back yard where the 4 dogs were living. The dogs were never inside and they never picked up after the dogs, so you can imagine what the toddlers feet looked like. I got tired of looking at them..

Gary

-Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Thread Information