Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fun Neighbor Thread

Gotcha....makes sense. In Macomb I got no pre-approval and it's on the line.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Just curious, why did u leave a foot of your property on the other side of the fence? Do u maintain that part?
    The actual fence is about a foot onto my property, but the posts are about 6" and the posthole and concrete are at the property line. I did it this way BECAUSE when I was digging the very first posthole, the idiot neighbor came to me and said there better not be 1" of concrete on his property or he would dig it up. Unlike HIM, I respected his wishes. That is why the fence is where it is. Once again, all of his shit IS on my property and not respecting my wishes.

No, I don't maintain that foot of property, but neither does he, as you can see. I would, but he also said I cannot step onto his property TO maintain it. Once again, I am respecting HIS wishes while he has not once respected what I've asked...You can see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by dave89iroc View Post
    In some cities, you can put a fence up without neighbor approval, but it can't be on the property line, has to be 6-12" on your property, not saying thats why in this instance, with neighbor approval it can be right on the surveyed property line
    In Troy, the fence can by right on the property line and the finished side can face your property without approval. Some communities make you face the good side of the fence to the outside of your property. As I mentioned, I got a permit for this and it was inspected.

Once again, I've always respected whatever a neighbor has asked me to do, but it wasn't reciprocal.

Here is a backstory - About 10 or so years ago, I put up an ugly chicken wire fence to try to stop HIS kids and grandkids from riding their bikes thru my backyard. They tore it down on a daily basis. I went over there and asked him to please stop this and you all know what the outcome was. After living with this disrespect for 5 more years, I put the privacy fence up. Don't forget about the 4 dogs constantly barking when I went into the backyard (you are only allowed to have 2 in Troy). All of the trouble has stopped since then, including the barking dogs because they don't see us anymore.

No matter how anyone tries to spin this, it isn't my fault like some of you are making it out to be. I've done everything by the law book. They are at fault, not me, so stop making excuses for the most fuked up neighbors you can have. I know none of you would want them as your neighbors.

I'm still saying meth lab or hash oil manufacturing.

Looking forward to the update. Hopefully it gets resolved, trashy neighbors are the worst.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

That's fucking sucks.....I wish I could put up a privacy fence. Good luck man. I hope you get an update asap. I would flip the finished side into the other side of the posts and stick some 6 inch shim I there. Get the fence side to exactly your property line without messing with the posts. Fuck him out of that 12" of free space. Out of principle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

With the forth coming up, be a damn shame if an enormous shell landed over there from an unknown place and set it all on fire...

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    With the forth coming up, be a damn shame if an enormous shell landed over there from an unknown place and set it all on fire...
    Then you would get your fence replaced under his homeowners!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Don't give up bud!! Keep fighting the good fight. I had a neighbor behind me at my old house (mind you i live a trailer park in Rochester hills) that had junk piled everywhere. Bikes, toys. garbage, even a mattress. I left a rake out and we had rain for a few days, yard was clean just had one pile of leafs left and i got written up for my rake being out. If one thing was left out of place in my yard a had a notice at my door. Finally started fighting back after i caught the neighbor behind me burning trash under a tree that hung low. After fighting for a good year and a half and two park mangers later their yard was cleaned up of all of the trash and junk.
    Past Toys: 88 Dakota SE / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby Shadow CSX-T / 95 Taurus SHO / 92 Capri XR2 / 86 Mustang GT.

Current Ride: 2018 Ford Focus SEL Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    All of my issues were pre-consumption, but they definitely lead to consumption.

I'm on Dearborn right across the street from you (more or less). I'm curious how this turns out.
    '18 Regal GS

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    I'm on Dearborn right across the street from you (more or less). I'm curious how this turns out.
    Well, if you been hearing a lot of sirens howling at all hours, it is really them doing this and not an ambulance, fire or police car...

Are you closer to South, or Ruby?

Gary

I'm three houses down from Ruby, so I usually can't hear much from South Blvd.
    '18 Regal GS

Thread Information