Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Default Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Title Gore I know.. did we cover this yet?
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._bills_al.html

Interesting to say the least, I'm skeptical that it will make it all the way through though.

Arrow

"constitutional carry"

The way it should be......hopefully will become the way it is.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Snyder won't let it happen.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Am I the only gun nut that thinks this is a bad idea? Some of these people in the classes I see at the range definitely need more training that the class even offers imo.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    Am I the only gun nut that thinks this is a bad idea? Some of these people in the classes I see at the range definitely need more training that the class even offers imo.
    You're not alone.

I've been handling firearms/hunting for 40 years and I can say that after several outings with my first handgun, I'm finally starting to feel 'comfortable'. And every time I'm at the range, I see at least one person (usually several people) that scares the shit out of me. I was fortunate and grew up being able to shoot out the back door of the house and in general the people at public ranges make me nervous. With that said, I'm very much in favor of more training.

X's 3. It scares me that some people are allowed to carry a handgun that's for sure. I fully agree with needing basic training and skillsets to be allowed to carry a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    I agree with this. I am seriously torn about this. On one hand, I don't like government restrictions on constitutional rights, but like you said there are people who should be nowhere near a gun. I think I would be comfortable if CPL was free, but proof of regular training is required (even though I hate government mandates...)

will more of a Detroit have guns? lol
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Think about it this way...

What really changes if this is passes? Those that want to carry guns will and those that don't want to won't. I've not been through the ccw classes in Michigan, but when I took mine in Tennessee I didn't get any real training on firearm use, or safety. I didn't have to take any safety classes before hand in order to take the permit class. Only had to hit the target at 3 ridiculously close distances and sit there and listen for the mandated hours of class.

So, in my opinion, I really saw no benefit from the class other than completing it allowed me to carry concealed.

Thread Information