Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    The founders didn't put in any caveats about technology for a reason; the 2nd is as much to protect ourselves from our own Government and from threats both foreign and domestic as it is to protect us from each other.
    They didn't put any caveats about technology because military and civilian technology were largely the same at the time. The musket or rifle you used to hunt in 18th century America was largely the same thing you'd be using on the battlefield. The only difference then was that the military was trained on a higher level and had much more discipline. The only way the Americans were able to win the war was due to guerilla tactics which proved very effective. Our standing army for all intents and purposes, really sucked the big one at the time. If the government decided to turn the military against the people, the huge technological gap we presently have would ensure they steamrolled us in short order. Guerilla tactics may slow such an event, but we would still lose due to the enormous technological gap.
    '16 Fiesta ST

So... What do you think this legislation will do to reciprocity agreements with other states?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

So lets look at facts.

1 U.S. jurisdictions that have constitutional carry
    1.1 Alaska
    1.2 Arizona
    1.3 Arkansas[disputed]
    1.4 Idaho (residents only)
    1.5 Kansas
    1.6 Maine
    1.7 Mississippi
    1.8 Missouri
    1.9 New Hampshire
    1.10 North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only)
    1.11 Vermont
    1.12 West Virginia
    1.13 Wyoming (residents only)

Now if you look at gun violence in major cities...

Now how many of those are in states with no CPL required to carry....hum not many!!

Now lets look per state.... notice there is ZERO correlation of gun deaths to gun law legislation as well. Humm does that mean people who want to break the law will?! Oh ma gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I never labeled you. I believe you called my position "hypocritical". Sounds like a label to me. I don't need to "find you", what ever that means. It means simply, that you don't know me well enough to tell what my position should be. If you want to, I am willing to have a discussion in a more suitable setting. Simply stating my opinion on the matter. You can't be "supportive of the 2nd amendment" and oppose this change, no. The founders didn't put in any caveats about technology for a reason; Really. Were they able to predict the capability of weapons 200 years down the road? the 2nd is as much to protect ourselves from our own Government and from threats both foreign and domestic as it is to protect us from each other.

You can't legislate responsibility, unfortunately. Agreed. But you can make sure there are consequences for lack thereof. I would rather not take away rights of the whole group because of a hand full of idiots. I believe in an individuals right to define his own personal level of responsibility, and to be recognized for it. Good or bad.

And you're right, Hillary and the left absolutely wanted to exterminate the 2nd amendment. The left is constantly trying to abolish our rights. That's why I think it's so important for us to move things further to the side of personal liberty while we the people have some ability to do so. Standing pat is for the birds, and the first guy I quoted. It's OK. You can refer to me by name.
    Thanks. Can we be done with this now?
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Thread Information