Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Is open carry legal ? Saw a dude with a exposed gun on his belt yesterday at the dry cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked View Post
    EVERYONE that frequents ranges or stores has cringed at some of the riff raff purchasing long guns. You can tell by the way the hold them they haven't shot them before... this will only magnify and people will be shoving the guns in their pants and walking around...LEGALLY. This is probably the root of all my feelings.

You hate the optics. You dont want to be lumped in to a group which makes you look bad. This is similar to really fit people at the gym cringing at the new years resolution
    people, right? The ill trained newbie people have to start somewhere. Responsibility and proper technique can be learned.

I do look at situations through others eyes. I drive about 70,000 miles a year in many kinds of vehicles. This is why i know driving on public roads is way more dangerous than anything involving firearms. I always give semi drivers praise because they are treated BAD on the roads.

I'm seeing completely ignorant people on facebook freaking out because now "no training needed to carry a gun"... I try to explain to them that my cpl course had zero training. There was a little legal advice.. They made sure nobody shot themselves and then took our cash. Real crime is way more serious.

Current laws are ok? Why is it ok to open carry but if you enter your car with a loaded pistol and NO CPL, It is a crime?? I explained this to a guy at work about how he would have to load/unload his pistol when he reaches his destination/leaves destination.... all because someone thought that was safer? Better? Smarter??

Sorry if i sounded like a dick!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Is open carry legal ? Saw a dude with a exposed gun on his belt yesterday at the dry cleaners.

please look up the laws, might as well read the actual laws that are printed and post them up here. it seems appropriate. I see a lot of open carry.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    10.85 @ 126mph

there is no law against it, therefor, not illegal
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    please look up the laws, might as well read the actual laws that are printed and post them up here. it seems appropriate. I see a lot of open carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave89iroc View Post
    there is no law against it, therefor, not illegal
    This.
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Driving is a privledge, not a right given by the Constitution.

You're welcome to your opinion, of course. My opinion is you can't claim to be pro second ammdement and then oppose this change. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth, and it's hypocritical.

I can't be the head of a whole household of CPL holders, an Army veteran, a range regular, and supportive of the Second Amendment, and oppose this change?? By who's rules?? Yours??

You obviously don't know me. I LOVE this Country. I AM supportive of the Constitution. And I AM absolutely for the right to keep and bear arms. I ALSO put that right into context of the weapons we have available today, the situations our modern society puts us in, and the RESPONSIBILITIES that come with this right. Just being able to carry with no training or understanding of those responsibilities is what I have a problem with. Far too many idiots will put a gun on their hip and lose a dozen IQ points they can ill afford to lose.

You ever want to get to know me better, I'm easy to find. You might want to take advantage of that opportunity before you throw any more labels out there.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

I heard someone on the radio saying people aren't responsible enough for guns. Well maybe it's time to learn how to be responsible. It is supposed to happen early on in your life but its hard to do when kids are having kids and daddies are really just irresponsible little boys popping out kids like it's a hobby.

Justin is way more on the good side of humanity than not and he doesnt want you to forget somethng....Hillary and her band of loonies were dead set on YOU not having guns. She said the NRA was enemy #1. The very organization that puts responsibility and safety at the top of their priorities.

Responsible Free People vs. Gov. Controlled Policy (Hey it's for the better right?! Wink smile free stuff)
    Last edited by AutoRoc; 06-18-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    10.85 @ 126mph

Totally legal. I see open carry every day.

I heard someone on the radio saying people aren't responsible enough for guns. Well maybe it's time to learn how to be responsible. It is supposed to happen early on in your life but its hard to do when kids are having kids and daddies are really just irresponsible little boys popping out kids like it's a hobby.

Justin is way more on the good side of humanity than not and he doesnt want you to forget somethng....Hillary and her band of loonies were dead set on YOU not having guns. She said the NRA was enemy #1. The very organization that puts responsibility and safety at the top of their priorities.

Responsible Free People vs. Gov. Controlled Policy (Hey it's for the better right?! Wink smile free stuff)

Responsibility would be great!! Teaching it in the home would help prevent babies from having babies. EVERY guy on here celebrating Father's Day might do well to ask themselves how they are doing on that front. As far as responsible carry...? How about we... I don't know... Have CLASS or something and get some instruction from... Maybe some NRA instructors...

Hillary and her loonies didn't win election in some (Large or small) part because of her policies surrounding our 2nd amendment rights. There is a quote widely attributed to Admiral Yamamoto that reads something like "You cannot invade the Mainland United States. There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass.". There is no proof he ever said this, but any attempt to take away the right to keep and bear arms will find a gun owner behind every polling booth. The policies that would have been attempted would have failed miserably.

Read the Second Amendment. From the beginning. Restricting the right to "keep and bear" would require a Constitutional Convention. Neither party has enough power to pull that off. Restricting the types of weapons, and the times and places you can carry them is the battleground. To fight that battle, we MUST maintain a responsible position. We MUST demonstrate that the people who carry practice safety at all times and fully understand the legal and moral responsibilities. Turning a bunch of people loose who do NOT have that understanding has the potential to give the anti-gun lobby real reasons to try and limit us.

Think it through.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Quote Originally Posted by OldbutNew View Post
    I can't be the head of a whole household of CPL holders, an Army veteran, a range regular, and supportive of the Second Amendment, and oppose this change?? By who's rules?? Yours??

You obviously don't know me. I LOVE this Country. I AM supportive of the Constitution. And I AM absolutely for the right to keep and bear arms. I ALSO put that right into context of the weapons we have available today, the situations our modern society puts us in, and the RESPONSIBILITIES that come with this right. Just being able to carry with no training or understanding of those responsibilities is what I have a problem with. Far too many idiots will put a gun on their hip and lose a dozen IQ points they can ill afford to lose.

You ever want to get to know me better, I'm easy to find. You might want to take advantage of that opportunity before you throw any more labels out there.
    I never labeled you. I don't need to "find you", what ever that means. Simply stating my opinion on the matter. You can't be "supportive of the 2nd amendment" and oppose this change, no. The founders didn't put in any caveats about technology for a reason; the 2nd is as much to protect ourselves from our own Government and from threats both foreign and domestic as it is to protect us from each other.

You can't legislate responsibility, unfortunately. I would rather not take away rights of the whole group because of a hand full of idiots.

And you're right, Hillary and the left absolutely wanted to exterminate the 2nd amendment. The left is constantly trying to abolish our rights. That's why I think it's so important for us to move things further to the side of personal liberty while we the people have some ability to do so. Standing pat is for the birds, and the first guy I quoted.

Thread Information