Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Translation: Hey bad guys / terrorists,
    Shoot defenseless people here!

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post

Translation: Hey bad guys / terrorists,
    Shoot defenseless people here!

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    Illegal only in the terms of trespassing. Private property can set their own rules can only tell you to leave if they catch/ care if your carrying. If they tell you to leave and you don't, they can call the cops and then you could be charged for trespassing.
    This.

It's not a gun violation or even a crime if they catch you. It's trespassing if you don't leave. Obviously they can also revoke your membership at their discretion. I still carry there regardless. Fuck 'em

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

I carry. My wife carries. My kid carries. His friends carry. The amount and variety of firearms and ammunition in my house is as good as some small-town gun stores.

That being said. I am NOT in favor of seeing this pass. There has hardly been a time on the range when I have NOT cringed at the behavior, safety focus, and situational awareness displayed by some fellow shooters. I would be in favor of ADDITIONAL training for those with the inclination and budget. Pass a psych exam, get a prescribed amount and type of training, and get a "Super Licence". This would make it legal for you to carry ANYWHERE. Schools, churches, bars, you know - all the soft targets.
    Malls creep me out!! If there was ever a soft target custom-made for someone who despises our lifestyle...

The "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Think about the context of this. When it was written. What life was really like. Stupid people didn't usually make past puberty. A musket weighed 14 or more pounds and was 5 feet long. Hiding one of the pistols of that era in you waistcoat only happens in the movies!! Compare that to some of the people you see at the range with their brand-new shiny pistol... You really want them in the grocery line behind you??
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Forum Member

i carry in all soft targets I feel the need. I don't care if I offend anyone on here. I am nervous for this to pass when I live in the new little Detroit (Clinton township)

I wonder how we all would feel if we didn't live so close to Detroit.... or a ghetto populous. If someone without training is brandishing a weapon it would take less then a second to make the decision to justifiably stop that threat on your life. I would hate to be put in a situation where I would feel I need to act because everyone that can afford one thinks they can go out and protect themselves.

What would this do to the purchase process?

Who truly opposes a cpl without a gun board? Criminals, or someone who can financially make the commitment? Then you probably don't equip the skills needed to carry a firearm.

Don't get me started on more untrained women now carrying...or more importantly in their purse.

But what if I lived in an area where the character of the people weren't in question?... maybe I wouldn't be as opposed. I'd rather have 10 like minded people with weapons if the situation called for - vs. just myself.

Forum Member

Carrying a firearm isn't a "right" as much as it is a responsibility if you choose. And if you can't get through a cpl process... how are you even known to be responsible with a weapon or even know basic safety? So now people without any footing can steal a few lawn mowers and buy them self a Taurus to walk around with? AND BE LEGAL WALKING AROUND with it in their waist band.

Quote Originally Posted by OldbutNew View Post
    The "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Think about the context of this. When it was written. What life was really like. Stupid people didn't usually make past puberty. A musket weighed 14 or more pounds and was 5 feet long. Hiding one of the pistols of that era in you waistcoat only happens in the movies!! Compare that to some of the people you see at the range with their brand-new shiny pistol... You really want them in the grocery line behind you??
    We were a much smaller nation at the time, in an almost constant danger of being taken over by the much bigger military powers of the day. On top of that, many families on the frontier were often subject to raids by bands of Native Americans (Ojibwa, Huron, Odawa, Fox, Miami, etc) and various forms of wildlife such as mountain lions, wolves, moose, and bears. All of which were very abundant in this very area then. At the time, it made perfect sense for everybody to be armed at all times so they could assist in warding off any invaders that tried to take away our sovereignty or kill our citizens.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    We were a much smaller nation at the time, in an almost constant danger of being taken over by the much bigger military powers of the day. On top of that, many families on the frontier were often subject to raids by bands of Native Americans (Ojibwa, Huron, Odawa, Fox, Miami, etc) and various forms of wildlife such as mountain lions, wolves, moose, and bears. All of which were very abundant in this very area then. At the time, it made perfect sense for everybody to be armed at all times so they could assist in warding off any invaders that tried to take away our sovereignty or kill our citizens.
    Sounds kind of like modern-day Saginaw, but all the animals are two-legged.

In all seriousness, I don't know that I care that much. It's not going to change the way awful people behave.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Sounds kind of like modern-day Saginaw, but all the animals are two-legged.

In all seriousness, I don't know that I care that much. It's not going to change the way awful people behave.
    For sure, I was just stating what the train of thought may have been during the time the Second Amendment was written. We aren't subject to the same dangers as we were 240 years ago, now we focus on protecting ourselves from each other instead of outside threats.
    Last edited by Tin; 06-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

The legislation to allow someone to carry concealed without a license has not adversely effected any state that has allowed it.
    Same argument arose when the rules changes a few years ago when the "shall issue" passed..... I was going to be the Wild Wild West if we abolish the gun boards...
    This legislation specifically addresses the Michigan Constitution, which reads "Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state."
    I feel much better knowing half the people standing in line in a store are carrying.... even if they did not take a class.

Thread Information