Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked View Post
    Carrying a firearm isn't a "right" as much as it is a responsibility if you choose. And if you can't get through a cpl process... how are you even known to be responsible with a weapon or even know basic safety? So now people without any footing can steal a few lawn mowers and buy them self a Taurus to walk around with? AND BE LEGAL WALKING AROUND with it in their waist band.
    Thing is, anyone who wants too, will still steal a lawn mower and buy a Taurus and walk around, the people that do that, don't care about the laws. Never have.

If we could just make murder illegal...............

And robbery illegal

And car jacking illegal

And stealing lawnmowers illegal

Exactly...people are scared of guns but they are perfectly fine with the knife block sitting on their kitchen counter. Focus on actual crime not people that you think might be criminals....someday.

Please explain to me how someone who steals lawn mowers to fund a firearm purchase is different than an elected official who is being bribed and uses that to fund a firearm purchase. Crime is crime. The hope is that all criminals are punished properly. For example...armed robbery should equal death penalty. There should be zero tolerance for that shit.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Thing is, anyone who wants too, will still steal a lawn mower and buy a Taurus and walk around, the people that do that, don't care about the laws. Never have.

If we could just make murder illegal...............

And robbery illegal

And car jacking illegal

And stealing lawnmowers illegal
    Exactly. Law should be black and white, hold people accountable for their actions.

Smith and Wesson is the great equalizer of men.

Forum Member

The analogy about Lawn mower theft was a jab at the affordability of a Taurus..... not sure how that statement got misinterpreted LOL

....... I'm saying that any piece of shit can scrounge up $200 to buy a weapon and put it in his pants. The act of him walking and possessing that weapon would be legal if this passes. I think some people understand a possible jail sentence for concealing a weapon without a license to do so and that deters most from doing so. I don't think only trained people will go out and start to carry now. Someone could be carrying that has never pulled a trigger
    Last edited by Stroked; 06-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Forum Member

I should of said any dick head can return cans and afford a Taurus...

Anyone can obtain a car if they have the resources/means to do so. Driving it legally or illegally; Licensed, Insured, Safely, Rightfully - will not matter to someone that is determined to drive the vehicle they have access to.

For additional clarity, if the bill is passed and a criminal act has taken place that involves the new law, it might now matter in the sentencing as there is a high probably the stack up of broken laws would equal life/death penalty.

....... I'm saying that any piece of shit can scrounge up $200 to buy a weapon and put it in his pants.
    They can do that now legally ..... they just cant cover it.

....... I'm saying that any piece of shit can scrounge up $200 to buy a weapon and put it in his pants. The act of him walking and possessing that weapon would be legal if this passes. I think some people understand a possible jail sentence for concealing a weapon without a license to do so and that deters most from doing so. I don't think only trained people will go out and start to carry now. Someone could be carrying that has never pulled a trigger
    You'll never stop shit bags from having guns. You think they are going to go out and buy a new gun?! Get real!! They will buy a hot piece downtown for $50 and some weed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    You'll never stop shit bags from having guns. You think they are going to go out and buy a new gun?! Get real!! They will buy a hot piece downtown for $50 and some weed.

This is such a broad casted statement.

We will play the scenario like you say. A hot piece would not be purchased to be carried. That would be used in a scenario to commit a crime and likely get rid of. A weapon without serial numbers is likely a 2 year mandatory sentence. This would likely limit the criminal to carrying it only in the commission of a crime. I think that is the misconception. I believe most people that have illegal weapons will not carry them on their person... and most people with LEGAL weapons and without a cpl will not carry that weapon as well.

Now this seedy individual can carry a weapon 24/7 legally if he hasn't been guilty of any felonies.. And hide his legal weapon during illegal activities and begin carrying after his offense. LEGALLY carry a weapon. With all of the issues cops get during traffic stops this just adds to it 10000 percent. There is a lot of people that fall under the "never been convicted - small time criminal" that could potentially legally carry a weapon now... and refuse ID when the cop pulls him over...

Again I understand everyone can do what they want now. No one is watching anyone leave the house. But coming from a 29 year old - who lived in the "hood" with no parental influences. Just my point of view and concerns. Again a lot of this has prejudice to the city of Detroit. if you haven't lived it I can't expect your views to be the same.

But I will say.. my truck has 500 124gr HP 9mm with my ar9 pistol and glock sidearm wherever I go. And will not change

Forum Member

Maybe I am "wrong" but I am just voicing my views and concerns from my walk in life. But I am pretty sure there is no "wrong" or "right" when voicing an opinion

Thread Information