Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Step 1... House passed the..... You don't need a permit to carry concealed.... Bill

No training is required when setting in place ones religion or if a trial calls for a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    Bah, I watched the idiots load the bullets into magazines backwards, what's the worst that can happen?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    That is the safest way to load a firearm!!!!!!! It wont fire....
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked View Post
    the anologies some people are drawing I seem to be far fetched. Driving and auto related crimes compared to the act of concealing a weapon.....idk. Comparing something that is 90% financially related (driving without a license or insurance. Granted just as STUPID, but most likely a financial situation) and we are talking about a task we are familiarized with everyday. I think something a little more similar would be allowing Amish people who have never driven or seen cars being allowed to drive vehicles because everyone should be able to. They should need proper training and licensing. The amount of people that will carry and never have shot just because they "can carry" will be high. What if they've never looked in to the rules of engagement or proper self defense ettiquette? This is why I can not attend any public ranges anymore. The amount of flagrant tom foolery that has unintentionally put my life at high risk. Not everyone is made to have a weapon in their hand and having one small step isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

some people cherish this right and hold it on a pedestal because they understand how quickly things can turn if something happen and everyone starts pulling out weapons.

Do you honestly think that many people truly conceal carry an illegal weapon? I don't think it's that many and those that are in that field are those who "will always do what thy want" and those are the ones that benefit. People are truly put out by going through a cpl process with the understanding of its purpose? Most people think everyone should be allowed suppressors while it took me 330 days for my approval. But I am not bent out of shape because I'd rather go through that then everyone be allowed to obtain one. The constitution was wrote on hemp paper right? I bet they were all high

Hey...are you better than everyone? It sounds like you might be, I just want to hear you say it.

Public ranges....Public roads...which is more dangerous?
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Forum Member

Better then anyone? Thats funny. I envy the situations of a lot of people on this site. I look at it as if I made it out of one situation and in to another- I now might have more insight for the next... I value where I came from and where I am. I have not done anything other that state my opinions/feelings as everyone has the right too. Instead of being confrontational try looking at it through another's eyes?

I would say that if the same amount of people that drove on public roads went to the range in one day.... there would probably be more gun related... but judging from any range where there is bullet holes in the floor, ceilings, dividers etc there has been many close calls. I'm sure a lot of people that invest a lot of money in to a hobby would prefer to be around like minded people that hold the same respect to safety as yourself... or that makes you narcissistic??
    Last edited by Stroked; 06-13-2017 at 07:55 PM.

You guys are arguing like every single person is now going to go buy a gun and carry it in their waistband.

The people who want guns most likely already own them (legal or not). This potential new law could increase gun sales.

I know many CPL holders who make terrible choices about how and when they carry.

Forum Member

I understand the point of view from the other side. All I'm doing is stating my opinions in an effort to have a serious conversation about a subject that is of importance to me.

All people will do is state the constitution in rebuttal. I do not think that is a valid leg to stand on as the context of in which it was written is way different. Everyone that isn't a felon can legally own and posses, protect, OPEN CARRY, apply for a cpl with a 1 day course etc... but when it comes to letting everyone conceal carry in 2017 that's what's "constitutional"?
    Last edited by Stroked; 06-13-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Forum Member

Do people that want guns most likely own them or will sales go up?

If you didn't experience the cpl wave it goes to show the interest out there... and that is the responsible ones willing to invest in their future. I would assume gun sales to be up over 100% for 6 months if this passes with 95% of that being non cpl holders
    Last edited by Stroked; 06-13-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

EVERYONE that frequents ranges or stores has cringed at some of the riff raff purchasing long guns. You can tell by the way the hold them they haven't shot them before... this will only magnify and people will be shoving the guns in their pants and walking around...LEGALLY. This is probably the root of all my feelings.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Driving is a privledge, not a right given by the Constitution.

You're welcome to your opinion, of course. My opinion is you can't claim to be pro second ammdement and then oppose this change. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth, and it's hypocritical.

I never claimed to be "pro" anything or oppose my own statements. they have only been misinterpreted. I'm happy with how things are now and do not think that they infringe on our rights. MY OPINION. I'm pro gun.

You can be a "constituionalist" or whatever and have your opinion.. all I say is good for you and I see your point of view but do not share thdm... no namecalling or assumptions
    Last edited by Stroked; 06-13-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    That is the safest way to load a firearm!!!!!!! It wont fire....
    If you really think about it the shape of the bullet does make it easier to load them...

Now, just hold the grip and thread your thumb around the trigger...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Thread Information