Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect Title

Maybe. But no idea what sway they would even have with the state. My guess would be none.

I do believe the dealership. I saw everything they filled out and it was all correct. It was filled out in clear block capitals with no smudges or anything that would cause some kind of error in reading it. The name on the title is same initials but totally different name. Not plausible that someone could confuse the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

I would think that even if it is "corrected" if the date is so close to the original title issue it would be much easier to explain.

Club Member

I'll ask someone what kind of paperwork was involved, but they had an S on the title and a 5 in the VIN on the vehicle. I know he had an officer come out and verify the information and there was some kind of form.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Ugh that's messed, I assume that could effect resale value down the road? I would try and explain to the SOS why it can't show a second owner and see if they can push it through without the error without issue.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Yeah possibly. Anytime there's any kind of flag on the title, it raises eyebrows, and not in a good way. People just like buying one-owner cars, and they hate buying cars with titles that reflect errors anywhere in the chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Yeah possibly. Anytime there's any kind of flag on the title, it raises eyebrows, and not in a good way. People just like buying one-owner cars, and they hate buying cars with titles that reflect errors anywhere in the chain.
    Come on... Those two GTs are going to the kids... Be real here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Good thing being the color of you GT makes it unique and even if there is something wrong with the title I am sure there is history showing that you are the original owner!

Exclamation

It is not fun trying to get the SOS to admit they made a mistake.

A few years ago I renewed two of my vehicles, the SOS somehow switched
    the plates and registrations! Wife got pulled over and it showed the wrong plate
    on the vehicle. This then caused 2 more tickets (during the same stop).

SOS insisted they "never make mistakes". I took it to court, showed the proof &
    documents - court threw all 3 tickets out!

The SOS isn't any fun to try to work with, but try your best. I hope your problem
    gets resolved.

I haven't had the SOS mess up but the dealer screwed up everything on my last truck. Didn't know it until I went to renew the plates. Lady asked who's truck I was renewing. Then they wouldn't let me leave cause they said it wasn't my truck
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Man that stinks. If this has significant value it might be worth finding someone who has some pull in lansing to help you out.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thread Information