Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Boy Rick gets parole.

Past Toys: 88 Dakota SE / 90 Dakota Base / 88 Shelby Shadow CSX-T / 95 Taurus SHO / 92 Capri XR2 / 86 Mustang GT.

Current Ride: 2018 Ford Focus SEL Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    All of my issues were pre-consumption, but they definitely lead to consumption.

Hell yea!!!!

Where's da hookers and blow! !?!?

He still has to go serve 3 years in Florida before he's really out.

22 months

But it's already in the works to be "ran" consecutively

There HAS to be more than we are seeing on this. Someone with a LOT of political torque did NOT want him out.
    I hope the Florida deal works out for him. The guy has paid his debts. He knows the microscope will be trained his way for the rest of his life.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

He will be offered a job by a few places I bet.

I know of one at least that will be!!

Forum Member

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...20/2424040002/
    'White Boy Rick' expected to be released in 2020 or earlier

Richard Wershe Jr., who served three decades behind bars on drug charges, is expected to be released from a Florida prison at least a year early.

Wershe, dubbed "White Boy Rick," is now set to be released from prison on Nov. 25, 2020, a year earlier than his set release date, according to the Florida Department of Corrections.

Wershe, who gained notoriety during Detroit's crack cocaine epidemic in the late 1980s, was convicted in 1988 of manufacturing/possession with intent to deliver more than 650 grams of cocaine. He was additionally sentenced to serve five years in prison in Florida after he was convicted on racketeering and conspiracy to commit racketeering charges in 2006.

Those crimes happened while he was incarcerated in Florida as part of the federal witness protection program.

Wershe was originally scheduled to be released from Putnam Correctional Institution in East Palatka, Fla., on April 20, 2021, but was moved up for good behavior, said Patrick Manderfield, spokesman for the Florida Department of Corrections.

However, Wershe’s longtime lawyer, Ralph Musilli, said Thursday they are hoping to have him released even earlier than November 2020.

"November 2020 is the official out date when he will finish his sentence in Florida, but we had a commutation hearing set on Dec. 5, to get him out earlier," Musilli said. "But the board in Florida is made up of the governor, treasurer and two others... two out of the four went to George HW Bush's funeral so they canceled the hearing and we're trying to get it rescheduled."

Wershe, 49, was paroled in July 2017 by Michigan Parole Board officials. The 10-member parole board decided unanimously during an executive session to parole Wershe.

“I know that I messed up,” Wershe told the panel in July 2017. “ I can’t go back. I can (only) go forward. You will never see me again (if paroled).”

A commutation reduces a sentence but does not nullify the underlying conviction.The hearing takes about 15 minutes and Wershe has many letters of support from family and friends for consideration, Musilli said.

"We're kind of hoping we can get him out. The poor guy has been in going on 31 years now," Musilli said. "He could have murdered someone and been out a decade ago."

The earliest the hearing could be rescheduled is in March, Musilli said.

Ricks out and ready to hit the streets in his old car.

E80A36E1-C111-49D4-994B-94083127E762.jpeg

And rocking the all white air max 97s.

Hopefully he remains a free man.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I wonder where he is hanging out? I need to drive by thee Click on Jefferson and look for his car. Or maybe the skating rink on Alter where they filmed the movie? I am sure he would shoot the shit with you if you bought him a drink or something. Could be interesting!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information