Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lions football thread

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Stafford had the highest completion percentage in the league on Sunday. 24/29 and that's with two drops that hit receivers (Golladay and Tate) in both hands. That's an 82% completion rate. No QB in the league was more accurate than Stafford this week. He completed 20 straight passes.

You're gonna put it on him? Think about that. He's making the throws. It's the predictable play calling (run) in the red zone from the coaching staff that's causing this team to stall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 20 straight passes was impressive. Unfortunately one INT and two fumbles (with one lost) didn't help the cause. Is he to blame for yesterday's loss? No. Has he ever put the team on his back to win a big game? No.

Lions' futility after Ravens loss summed up in two words: 'It sucks'

http://on.freep.com/2zN0lwN

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    The 20 straight passes was impressive. Unfortunately one INT and two fumbles (with one lost) didn't help the cause. Is he to blame for yesterday's loss? No. Has he ever put the team on his back to win a big game? No.
    Without the drops, he would have finished the game 26/29, over 300 yards, one INT and one TD. That's a hell of a game for a QB.

I will agree that the fumbles hurt. The first one, despite being recovered, was on him and probably cost them a field goal. The second one, which was lost, nobody hangs onto that ball. He got blasted from behind by an untouched blitzer. That's on the line/RB, not Stafford.

The INT was on him and was a pretty serious "WTF Stafford?!" moment for me.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Forum Member

Stafford forgot that he can no longer complete that type of pass without Calvin.

Without the drops, he would have finished the game 26/29, over 300 yards, one INT and one TD. That's a hell of a game for a QB.

I will agree that the fumbles hurt. The first one, despite being recovered, was on him and probably cost them a field goal. The second one, which was lost, nobody hangs onto that ball. He got blasted from behind by an untouched blitzer. That's on the line/RB, not Stafford.

And you could play the if and what hypothetical game a million different ways with a million different games.

Fact of the matter is the guy and the team doesn't win big games. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    And you could play the if and what hypothetical game a million different ways with a million different games.

Fact of the matter is the guy and the team doesn't win big games. Period.
    Agreed. But facts are also facts and he was 24/29 for 290 yards with 2 big drops. And nobody in the league had a better completion percentage than Stafford. So, how is it the QBs fault if he is more accurate than any other QB that day?

When your QB throws for an 82% completion percentage and almost 300 yards... you have to look somewhere else to figure out why you got blown out by 24 points

1. Another sub 100 yard rushing effort as a team
    2. A defense that gave up 44 points
    3. Predicable playcalling that causes the offense to stall in the red zone

Those are all much bigger issues than Stafford

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Blaming Stafford would be like being pissed off at Prater for missing a FG and an extra point. I know that Prater is possibly the best kicker in the league, definitely top 3, so I ain't even mad at the guy. He's won so many games for the Lions with clutch kicks that I know pinning any loss on him is foolish. Just like Stafford

What happened? Lions won? Oh against a team with a losing record..... lemme go check the tapes.. I'm sure Statford put up a bunch of yards playing against a team a shitty as they are.
    SAL

He played pretty well, 1 TD and 2 INT's. Lots of completions. I'm sure the Lions will win out and by doing so torpedo their draft stock, get bounced in round 1 of the playoffs and keep Caldwell's job. It's the "new" same old Lions.

Another solid day from Stafford. He's completed 80% of his passes over two games. More importantly, the defense appears to be playing well again. The Bears gashed them on the ground the first time they played... not this time.

Offensive line looked awful again.

Thread Information