Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lions football thread

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Feel weird rooting for the Packers, but we need Carolina and/or ATL to tank hard to end the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    He played pretty well, 1 TD and 2 INT's. Lots of completions. I'm sure the Lions will win out and by doing so torpedo their draft stock, get bounced in round 1 of the playoffs and keep Caldwell's job. It's the "new" same old Lions.
    Going to the playoffs every year is disappointing to you? Think about that. 3 years ago, this team had been to the playoffs ONCE since 2000. Caldwell arrives in 2014 and now you guys are complaining about going regularly like that's some sort of massive failure...

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Going to the playoffs every year is disappointing to you? Think about that. 3 years ago, this team had been to the playoffs ONCE since 2000. Caldwell arrives in 2014 and now you guys are complaining about going regularly like that's some sort of massive failure...

How many playoff wins since Caldwell arrived ?

Default 2017 Lions football thread

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    How many playoff wins since Caldwell arrived ?
    It's like nobody in this board understands the concept of progress. Let me see if I can get out the crayons and have this make sense for you.

You buy a car. It should run 13s (use 13s as a metaphor for the playoffs in case you didn't catch that) but it runs 15s for like fourteen straight years. Sometimes, it runs 17s or 18s. You can't even crack 14s, let alone 13s.

Finally you decide that you need to make some improvements. Using the same parts, but now properly tuned... your next four runs down the strip are 13.0, 14.0, 13.0 and 13.5.

You're pretty happy with your tuner, right? 13s are better than 15s, right? The car is moving in the right direction for sure. Then some turd walks up you and says "Yeah, but how many 12s have you run with that guy? Your tuner sucks!"

Again, this team went to the playoffs ONCE in 15 years. Had multiple losing seasons... and not just 7-9 seasons, like AVERAGED 4-12 through the previous 5 coaches over that fifteen year span. And you turds all of a sudden aren't pleased with a steady run of 9/10 win seasons.

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 12-18-2017 at 09:09 PM.

This puts it into perspective for me. I think I posted this in last year's Lions thread.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/his...d-coaches.html

You have to go back 45 YEARS to find a multi-speed coach with as good a record as Caldwell. Of course, that also points out how long the team has been mediocre and how fans want continued growth. I don't think being critical is a bad thing either.

I don't watch a ton of footsportsball, but even I can see that the offensive line needs a lot of help, and the most valuable asset (by contract value) is getting his ass kicked, and somehow has not had a season ending injury, or worse. Top 10 QB, bottom 10 offensive line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Quote Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
    This puts it into perspective for me. I think I posted this in last year's Lions thread.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/his...d-coaches.html

You have to go back 45 YEARS to find a multi-speed coach with as good a record as Caldwell. Of course, that also points out how long the team has been mediocre and how fans want continued growth. I don't think being critical is a bad thing either.

I don't watch a ton of footsportsball, but even I can see that the offensive line needs a lot of help, and the most valuable asset (by contract value) is getting his ass kicked, and somehow has not had a season ending injury, or worse. Top 10 QB, bottom 10 offensive line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I posted it in last year's thread, but apparently it didn't sink in. Since Gary Moeller in 2000 until Caldwell arrived in 2014, the Lions went 64-151. Caldwell is 35-27. Been to the playoffs twice as many times in 3 years as the previous coaches managed in 15 years.

Lions fans don't understand numbers

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post

I mean, if you're happy with squeaking into the playoffs and then getting bounced in the wild card game, more power to you. I'm not. I'd prefer to see a playoff win, maybe win a big game. I don't know, call me crazy.

I also wouldn't call going to the wild card game 3 of the last 6 years a "regular" thing.

Jim Caldwell's praise of Marvin Lewis is nice, but mostly terrifying

http://on.freep.com/2BRY3R3

Why do the lions always need to be "backed doored" into the playoffs? They have to wait until other team fails in order for them to get in?
    If they were a "good" team/coach/quarterback they wouldn't need help getting in, they'd be in it 2 weeks ago.
    I hope they make they playoffs... I'd loved to watch them get totally smoked in the first round, like 56-0
    SAL

big deal, now we are like the wayne fontes lions, 8-8 9-7 big deal
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information